“Alaska Cruise with Celebrity SUMMIT”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

Rainbow777 Celebrity Summit 5 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity SUMMIT
Rainbow777
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

ALASKA INSIDE PASSAGE CRUISE: Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, Icy Strait/Hoonah, Hubbard Glacier, and Seward.

My husband and I chose to go on an Alaskan Cruise for our wedding anniversary. We tried to do something special each year for our anniversary. Choosing the Alaska Cruise was perfect. We flew from Hawaii to Vancouver, B.C. (which was our port of embarkation).

The Summit is such a fascinating ship...our embarkation went smoothly, and our cabin was on the same deck as the foyer of the ship. It made it easy going on and off the ship when we went to each port. The cabin was very clean and comfortable, and the Stateroom Attendant and everyone else had professionalism and excellent customer service.

Our Dining experience was wonderful...every evening for dinner we sat at the same table with the same people. Our reserved table was larger than most, we had twelve people at our table, and it was very nice getting to know one another and becoming friends with everyone. The Waiter & Assistant Waiter for our table had outstanding customer service and knowledge.

One of our shore excursion was Kayaking. That was a lot of fun. The instructor said...this would be a test for couples. It was a 2-person Kayak and it was important to be in sync with each other.

Most of the ports we docked at we walked around the town and shopped. Each port was beautiful, surrounded by snow capped mountains. Our last port was Seward, and this is where we disembarked. We had to catch a flight on Alaska Airlines to Vancouver...spent a night in Vancouver, then flew back to Hawaii. I would not do a one-way cruise again. I would prefer returning to the same port.

All of the crew on the Summit were courteous, thoughtful, and all had professionalism with their positions. Things may have changed, but the experience we had during our cruise was very memorable.

In summary, I thought the Celebrity "SUMMIT" was a very classy ship in every way. I've tried and would love to go on that ship again, but it has not been active where I am interested in visiting. I cruised on the Celebrity Mercury, but comparing it to the Summit...it was a disappointment. I love to travel, but since my traveling partner & husband died, I have not traveled as much.

Going on a cruise is the best way to travel!

Aloha,

• Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside Stateroom 9

093090
Having an Inside Cabin was okay, because most of the time is spent on deck...either dining, entertainment,etc. If there are more than two people in the cabin...then it would be a bit crowded and space limited.

Port
Icy Strait had just opened their Port to cruises. Visited the Hoonah Trading Company. In 2005, it seemed like a small town.

Port
Disembarked at Seward, then took a bus to Anchorage. Anchorage is a nice modern town. . .we explored Anchorage before we went to catch our plane to Vancouver.

Read 115 Seward Reviews
Published 01/09/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?