Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Hunter761: Fun time but not impressed with Epic

Hunter761
Member Since 2011
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Fun time but not impressed with Epic

Sail Date: December 2010

Here is the good the bad and the ugly about NCL Epic:

The good:

Embarkation-- Very smooth and fast. They have it down to a science.

The staff-- Very courteous and attentive especially the room steward, bartenders and wait staff. I never met the cruise director and to me was a disembodied voice over the loud speaker system.

The Buffets: Only went to Breakfast and Lunch buffets and they were excellent with plenty of food.

The Specialty restaurants: Went to Three restaurants, Modernos, I enjoyed although to me it way way too much meat. I felt my arteries harden when I left the restaurant :=). Teppanyaki was was the best. Although I am not a steak eater, they made the best fillet I have ever eaten. The other restaurant I went to was Shanghai's which I had sweet and sour pork which was bad, but the spareribs were quite tasty.

The Shows: Saw Blue Man Group but I am not really a mime fan so was not bowled over, but I was definitely in More the minority as all the other people I was with (20 of them) loved the show. I also enjoyed the Cirque show and legends and Second City which I saw twice (the 2nd show was better)

My favorite was Howl at the Moon: Oklahoma move over!! This show had both verve and panache!! Loved it.

The Bad: For a ship that boasts a thriving nightlife the only thing to do after 1:00 a.m. was to gamble. I really wanted to go to Fat Cats Jazz and thought they would be open late, but they closed at 1:00. Q'uelle Damage!! The only thing to do after 1:00 was to gamble or hang out at O'Sheehans and keep eating. As I am not a gambler, I was really bored at night. The cabin had few TV channels and all movies in the cabin cost 10.00 each!!

The Ugly: The staterooms were extremely small and I was so glad I had the room to myself as being single and sharing with someone else whom you are not intimately involved with in such close quarters would have been extremely uncomfortable. Also, I was disappointed that you could not stroll the deck outside like other ships I have been on and had to go to your balcony cabin just to see the Ocean.

Conclusion: Would not go on the Epic again and probably would not go on another 7 day Caribbean Cruise again. The saving grace of this ship was being with a large group as we all had fun. Even my friend Mort agreed that the cruise experience was so-so. Less

Published 01/08/11

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X