“Fun time but not impressed with Epic”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

Hunter761 Norwegian Epic 3 Fun time but not impressed with Epic
Hunter761
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Here is the good the bad and the ugly about NCL Epic:

The good:

Embarkation-- Very smooth and fast. They have it down to a science.

The staff-- Very courteous and attentive especially the room steward, bartenders and wait staff. I never met the cruise director and to me was a disembodied voice over the loud speaker system.

The Buffets: Only went to Breakfast and Lunch buffets and they were excellent with plenty of food.

The Specialty restaurants: Went to Three restaurants, Modernos, I enjoyed although to me it way way too much meat. I felt my arteries harden when I left the restaurant :=). Teppanyaki was was the best. Although I am not a steak eater, they made the best fillet I have ever eaten. The other restaurant I went to was Shanghai's which I had sweet and sour pork which was bad, but the spareribs were quite tasty.

The Shows: Saw Blue Man Group but I am not really a mime fan so was not bowled over, but I was definitely in the minority as all the other people I was with (20 of them) loved the show. I also enjoyed the Cirque show and legends and Second City which I saw twice (the 2nd show was better)

My favorite was Howl at the Moon: Oklahoma move over!! This show had both verve and panache!! Loved it.

The Bad: For a ship that boasts a thriving nightlife the only thing to do after 1:00 a.m. was to gamble. I really wanted to go to Fat Cats Jazz and thought they would be open late, but they closed at 1:00. Q'uelle Damage!! The only thing to do after 1:00 was to gamble or hang out at O'Sheehans and keep eating. As I am not a gambler, I was really bored at night. The cabin had few TV channels and all movies in the cabin cost 10.00 each!!

The Ugly: The staterooms were extremely small and I was so glad I had the room to myself as being single and sharing with someone else whom you are not intimately involved with in such close quarters would have been extremely uncomfortable. Also, I was disappointed that you could not stroll the deck outside like other ships I have been on and had to go to your balcony cabin just to see the Ocean.

Conclusion: Would not go on the Epic again and probably would not go on another 7 day Caribbean Cruise again. The saving grace of this ship was being with a large group as we all had fun. Even my friend Mort agreed that the cruise experience was so-so.

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?