Carnival Valor Cruise Review by mango977

Carnival Valor
Member Name: mango977
Cruise Date: December 2010
Cabin Category: 6A

Excellent value for the money
General appreciation of my travel experience: 4 / 5

General appreciation of my cruise experience: 3.5 / 5

Plane (Allegiant Air): 3.5 / 5

Allegiant Air flight from Plattsburgh. 1h40 journey between Laval and Plattsburgh. No waiting at customs. Free parking is a plus, but there is a lot of waiting at the check point and especially security. Legroom with Allegiant interesting, but it must be said that the benches do not tilt. 4 hours to make this, especially really long path there is no entertainment.

Transfer between Fort Lauderdale and Miami Hotel: 5 / 5

Following a reference, I used the services of All Florida Transportation for the transfer of about 40-45 minutes. The owners of this company are a couple of Quebecers. The driver was waiting jacket tie down the stairs and before the carousels. He picked up our luggage and took us to our car. We made the trip in Executive SUV was a black Lincoln Navigator. Super service and super transport, really happy.

Miami before cruise hotel (Hyatt Summerfield Suites Miami Airport): 4.5 / 5

We stayed one night before our cruise. I did the easy online reservations. 5 and we had booked the cheapest room. The attendant "guest service" told us that this room is too small and it gave us a suite with two king bedrooms, a bathroom dwarf, a shower room, kitchen and living room with sofa bed.

Everything was very clean and comfortable. Free access to Wi-Fi in the room was a big + and complimentary breakfast much appreciated. The hotel is conveniently located 5-10 minutes from Miami airport, 40-45 minutes. Airport Fort Lauderdale (ours) and about 10-15 of the Port of Miami (± $ 25 to get there by taxi). The Publix grocery and pharmacies are within walking distance, handy for shopping before cruise.

Cruise with Carnival Valor:

Check-In and Boarding: 3 / 5

We arrived at the Port of Miami around 10:50 am. We passed the point of security in 5 minutes and you're checked in 10 minutes later, very fast. About 30 to 45 minutes later it is mentioned at the microphone that Carnival will start making the boarding area. Wow, that's where the confusion begins, first, we had no assigned area, so we had to find the attendant who hands over the areas, first we must find it and secondly, it gave us the 30 zone, wow it's worth arriving early. After close discussion with a supervisor, he gave us permission to go right. We are immediately going to dinner and took possession of our room at 13:30 as planned.

Connecting rooms with sea view (No. 1422-1424): 4 / 5

We have a three bedroom and one twin. We were 3 adults and 2 children. The rooms were spacious, very clean and well appointed. The room service was beyond reproach, always ready to help us and answer our expectations.

Common areas: 3.5 / 5

The lobby was of medium size and about 4 floors, there are 4 glass elevators. There was a photo shop, souvenir shops, a library, internet cafe (too expensive and not too effective), a casino, several bars and lounge that I do not know, a corner arcade, a spa, a disco for adults and another for teens. There are 3 pools and 3 hot tubs, including a swimming pool and spa for 18 years and older. There is also a wading pool and water slide about 700 feet. There is also a giant screen outside with big blue benches to listen to movies at night.

I have a good sense of direction, so I was not too difficult to point me in the boat, but I can understand the customers who complain of the provision of common areas and who do not this boat.

Restaurants: 4.5 / 5

We almost always had lunch and dinner buffet at Rosie. The buffet is extensive and the food quality. There hot-dog/hamburger station, a sandwich station, a station in Asia, a pizza station and a corner ice cream is very popular with children ... and adults. We had lunch once at the dining room, but I prefer the buffet.

We had dinner every day at the dining room of the Lincoln. We had the "Your Time Dinning," which was highly appreciated because it gave us more flexibility. Finally, we always ate between 19:00 and 20:00. The food was simply excellent and delicious dessert. The service was very good except the server that serves the front left corner of the dining room (separated into 4 main servers). The hostess who is from Philipine was very nice, she greeted me by my name and even made origami with the kids one evening. One of my son even got tricks another night (a magician).

There is also the sushi bar that is open and coffee is the (fee). There seems to he station Fish-n-Ship, but I do not know where she is.

Check-Out and deplaning: 2 / 5

No need to go to Guest service for check-out, everything has been taken on my credit card. Carnival gave us some areas and had to lift a boat 9:45 a.m. to 10:00. Well, we're just out of the boat around 11:30, due to delays at customs by Carnival?? We were supposed to take our transfer to FLL to 10:00. We lost our transfer, because the driver had to go look for another client??

Transfer between the port of Miami and the Airport Hotel in Fort Lauderdale: 5 / 5

All Florida Transportation we found another driver, but he started from Fort Lauderdale. ¯ ca worth the wait because it's a big black limo of 8-10 people who came to pick us up. I can tell you that children ... and parents were very happy Super service, great experience and great transport statisfait really.

Fort Lauderdale hotel after cruise (Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderale Airport): 4.5 / 5

We stayed one night after our cruise. I did the easy online reservations. 5 and we had booked the cheapest room. The attendant "guest service" told us that this room is too small and it gave us a suite with two king bedrooms, a bathroom dwarf, a shower room, full kitchen and living room with sofa bed.

Everything was very clean and comfortable. Free access to Wi-Fi in the room was a big + and complimentary breakfast much appreciated. The hotel is well located, 5-10 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale airport (free shuttle). My wife and my stepmother have benefited many shops nearby (walking).

Publication Date: 01/08/11