“Great Holiday Cruise”

nikperalta@msn.com
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We took our 17th Carnival cruise Dec 10 to the Mexican Riviera from San Diego on Carnival Spirit and, all I can say is it gets better every cruise. The entertainment was the best I ever saw. I have never seen so many talented people on one ship all at once. The Band was incredible and the singers were unbelievable!!! I have seen the shows several tines before but, never as good as on the Sprit This was a real "Fun Ship". There was something for everyone adult entertainment to a beautiful Christmas (Holiday) show whish include the Captain, Cruise Director, Dancers, singers, and even Santa there was indeed something for everyone. The shows very creative, colorful, the singers and dancers were the best. The band was well rehearsed and sounded as good as it gets. I liked that the band played in some of the bars with the beautiful singers. This was a very hard working bunch that appeared to enjoy playing as much as we enjoyed listening.

Steward Dunn was the Cruise Director and he is one of our favorites. He is almost as funny as John Heald. WE have cruised with Stew on a couple times on the Elation and this was the 2nd time on the Sprit and he is one of the best for sure. He is in charge of the entertainment so I have to give him an A+.

We had dinner 2nd seating and Allen was our waiter. He made sure that our food was always hot and that we enjoyed it. He and his assistant could not have been better, We was just on the Carnival Splendor Oct 31st cruise and the food was also very good too. The waiters as usual entertained us by singing and dancing lead by Dessy. WE looked forward to dinner every night.

Thank goodness the Spirit has great gym and I really needed it to burn of the wonderful food. I also enjoyed the Jacuzzi located in the center of the gym because it was never over loaded with people. You had to either go to the gym very early or very late to get a treadmill because around *AM it was crowded. The Spa is way over priced so I pass on it. If it was priced more reasonably I would be more than happy to use the services.

Our Room Steward Citti kept our room in great shape with the customary towel animals. She was very helpful and always had a smile on her face. I was impressed that she always remembers my wife's and my name as did Allen in the dining room.

Being a "Platinum" Guest I enjoy the amities but I think Carnival is over doing the gift picture frames. I would rather have a complimentary photo instead.

The ports of call on this cruise were Cabo), La Paz, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. I highly recommend the Rhythms of the Night Excursion in Puerto Vallarta. It was well worth it. Cabo by land and sea is also very good.

Carnival Spirit Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6A1144
Generally we stay in a Balcony but this time we stayed in an ocean view cabin and found it to be very nice. Our Room Steward was outstanding and the room was large enough with lot of room for our stuff. We was forward but not to close to the noise.

Port
This was the 1st time I was there and found it to be a very clean nice looking place that is being devoloped into a port. 30 Min ride to town.

Read 48 La Paz Reviews
Published 01/06/11
Thank nikperalta@msn.com
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Spirit Review
Carnival Spirit Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?