“6*?”
Cruise review of Silversea Silver Cloud

Yorkshire Bubbles Silver Cloud 2 6*?
Yorkshire Bubbles
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I have a motto "If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything"

I will make an exception with Silver Cloud.

Upon arrival we were rushed aboard, quick but small glass of champagne then left to our own devices to find our cabins, there was no meet and greet, into our cabins, where was the butler who unpacks your bags and shows you around? I only saw him twice, even then I had to get my son to track him down!!!

The ship is tired and in desperate need of a major face lift, the food, AWFUL, anyone else found the New Years Eve dinner the WORST MEAL EVER? breakfast and dinner, the food was diabolical, I ended up eating a chicken burger and salad by the pool everyday as it was the only decent thing to eat.

Where was the luxury? toiletries were never replaced, I asked on 4 occasions to replenish my shower gel to be told they had run out, 1 tiny bottle for 2 people for one week, Easy Jet could teach Silver Cloud about luxury and pampering.

Now don't get me started on the entertainment, no music by the pool (it is not that kind of ship)if it had not been for the lovely Lisa and her crowd, I would have died of boredom, beach party cancelled,OK give us a New Years Day pool party then, noooooooo "it's not that kind of ship"

Overall the general staff were brilliant, especially by the pool, as for the management, GET IN THE 21st CENTUARY, and do not look down your noses or speak down to your passengers, it is not the way to carry on.

Having raved about this very poorly run ship my group had a fantastic holiday but that was all down to the wonderful fellow passengers we met, Silverseas again, NEVER, I will stick to Celebrity, now they do know how to run a ship.

In all honesty, if you love life and like to enjoy yourselves stay away from Silver Cloud, however if you are of a miserable disposition, hate to see people have fun or have basically "gone to die" you will love it

Silver Cloud Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Midship Veranda Suite

DV607
Beds never changed, floppy pillows, hard towels, tiny beds, impossibly small bathroom cabinets, loved the walk in wardrobes though
Published 01/06/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Silver Cloud Review
Silver Cloud Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?