Carnival Glory Cruise Review by thefarmer

Member Name: thefarmer
Cruise Date: December 2010
Cabin Category: 8E

Carnival Glory not so Glorius
This is my 4th cruise with carnival and was somewhat disappointing. The Glory has got a few years under its belt and it shows although it appears it has had a cosmetic makeover recently it still has many functional issue's.One of the worst our state room never had reliable hot water (9290) it normally had to run 10- 15 min to get luke warm water after many complantants the best response i heard was "I think there's something wrong with the boiler and it cant be fixed it has been that way for a long time." From there it ranged from several elevators,ice machines ect ect that did not work the entire cruise also there was no apparent attempt to fix the issues.It seemed most of the crew had the same lackluster attitude including the cruise director .The entertainment was also poor and the was only 3 "main" shows the entire 7 days WOW a first for me there must be some big buget cuts somewhere. On the good side of the entertainment one the three shows was great it was an illusion act (A traveling show). also there was a couple of good comics and a ventriloquist in one of the rear bars. The Glory's main singers left much the be desired most of the karaoke singers was better that was in the Legends Show. The meals was good and the food service staff was ok. Overall the cruise was ok I traveled with my family of 5 made things fun and also had some great ports.

Cozumel : I've been here 3 times. We took the beginners dive excursion from Carnival which was great for a fist time dive I have snorkeled many times but it does not compare to a dive. Sand Dollar offered the tour if you want to book with them directly

Belize: been here once We went cave tubing again with a Carnival tour I have read many ,many reviews and our group of 5 thought the tour is greatly over rated although the tour was run very nicely their is no complaints it was just not exciting.The tour went somewhat like this : 45 min ride to site ,15 min to gear up ,45 min walk though jungle on well worn path (pretty cool),30 min wait in line to get in water(there was at least 300 people in front of us ) ,45 min ride in tubes down river in cave ,25 min to remove gear,change buy something to eat and buy pics (not) , 45 min ride back to town ,we had 30 min to shop and caught the last tender back to ship. I would recommend anyone doing this to take the ship provided tour I always felt confident I would make it to the ship as stated before I've read a ton of reviews and we stood in line with cavetubing .bz,cave tubing .com ,ect ect . so I don't really see how you could get a private small group tour with another guide service there must have been 1000+ people doing this excursion so get ready for the crowd. Butts UP .. BAK- A- Bush did this tour if you want to book them independently .Last time in Belize we did the Lost Mayan Cave it was a much better tour

Roatan been here once .Buy far the best stop, I booked with independently with Victor Bodden Highly recommended the guide showed us a great time went zip lining I cant remember the place bet the price was $45 and they had 17 lines it was great then went site seeing and went to the west end (Fosters) also highly recommended $5 to get in witch includes a drink great place to go and very beautiful also went snorkeling probably the best I've seen.

Grand Cayman : been there once .We took jet ski's to the stingray sand bar with a independent tour (Ebanks). The tour was ran good but the ride to the sand bar and back was very ruff and once there the guide would not let us not play around on the ski's. We went snorkeling a short distance from the stingray site it was a little disapointing. So over all I would not recommend this tour .

Publication Date: 01/06/11