Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cltoby600: Very nice family affair

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Very nice family affair

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore

Well, I must admit that I had a head cold and sore throat that would not go away and that did lower my attitude towards Carnival. I thought that the decor of the ship was somewhat dated. I was not entertained by the shows that I saw and I thought the food selection or lack of menu somewhat strange considering that most people attribute cruising and eating. The dining room had a section for pizza everyday and another section for panini sandwiches. The last section had a limited variety of food. The formal dining room was not much better.

The activity director was pretty good but his assistant had a voice that would stop a clock and always seemed to be yelling into the microphone.

The weather leaving Baltimore was not too nice as we were going out around the big snowfall that hit the east coast Christmas week. My room wasn't too bad but my daughter had a inside room across from ours and the difference is noise and vibration was very noticeable.

I guess my big More complaint is that they charged me $900.00 for my 15 month old grand-daughter. How much of their services could she possibly use?

The up side was that my sister and brother in law were renewing their wedding vowels for their 50th anniversary and we had the family together to be a part of it. It was fun to be together with everyone.

I am booked on another Carnival trip in March so we will give them a chance to redeem themselves. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Upper 5261

The room I had was nice but the porter didn't seem to be around all the time and we didn't know when he would clean the room.

We had a hotel room at the Springhill Suites the night before the cruise and they let us leave our cars in their lot for the week. The port is easy to get to and the cab ride is around $28.00 + tip. Its easy to get into and out of because its right next to the freeway. They have parking available there but I don't know what the charges would be.