Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by funchick47

Cruise Date: December 2010
Cabin Category: BE
Entertainment 5+

Disappointed
I talked a dear friend into going on this cruise with me. Looked forward to the new ship and all the great entertainment. I have to say the balcony rooms were a big disappointment. Rather small and claustrophobic. The "wave" shape they talked about really was more of a problem than a bonus. tight getting around the room and not really very comfortable.

The food was very good in the restaurants but not so hot on the buffet. I did get tired of all the extra cost all over the ship. You had to pay for coffee at all the venues except the buffet. So while there was access to all sorts of nice spots to sit and enjoy the ship and people watch it cost you every time if you wanted a tea or coffee.

The entertainment was awesome. Loved the Blue Man group the best. It was good that you had to sign up for the shows, no lines and room to sit. No problem.

I may be alone on this one but I really missed the grand Foyer experience. The main customer service and excursion area was all business and no "WOW" that is typical of most great ships.

I absolutely hated the fact that we had to go through the casino to get to most places on the ship. I hate cigarette smoke it drives my nose crazy. The casino was way in your face.

Staff the first day was pretty "Iffy". But they tried really hard and finally came up to speed. We found out from another passenger that due to Christmas holiday they had changed 300 staff members in Miami so that may have been the problem by the end of the week all was super and I was extremely pleased.

It would have been nice to have someone explain the lights and how things worked. Other passengers helped us figure out the light tricks ( had to put your card in a slot to get the lights to work a good idea for conservation of energy but frustrating up front!)

I was glad I went, had a good time. But would not do it again and would not really recommend it to a friend. more of a floating Hotel than a Cruise ship.

And as usual with NCL constant extra charges and the hard sell.

We did visit a friend in the singles area and wow what a nice closet but not a room I would have been comfortable in for more than 5 minutes! Very tiny.

All in all the advertisement set me up for a big disappointment.

Publication Date: 01/06/11