Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruuuz Dawg

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruuuz Dawg
Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Member Name: Cruuuz Dawg
Cruise Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: JS
Entertainment 5+

Absolutely loved the Freedom!
This was our first cruise on the Freedom, even though Port Canaveral is the closest port to our home. We had a great experience the whole way around. Check in and embarkation was quite easy, especially considering the number of people on that ship. We arrived at the port around 11:30 and we were on the ship shortly after noon. I notice that people seem to get on the ships earlier and earlier. I guess the key is to show up at 10 am!

We found the service on this ship to be great. Our cabin steward took great care of us, giving us extra towels and ice twice per day. We had awesome service in the dining room, eating supper there every night. Because our family are not big appetizer and salad eaters, we were out most nights by 7. But it seemed that everywhere we went, we were taken well care of.

The entertainment was the best I have seen in all of my cruises. Typically you expect to have one good outside entertainer, but we had two great performances - one from an illusionist (not your run of the mill magician) and one from Nelson, twin sons of Ricky Nelson. The comedians were great. And heck, even the production shows were a cut above what we normally see. And they did a show called Music of Freedom (or something like that) featuring all of the on-board musicians. This was not to be missed, though they should do it early in the week.

The activities were also awesome. We love trivia (OK I love trivia and my wife and son put up with it) and this cruise featured a 3 round progressive trivia. It was a lot of fun. Also in the schooner bar was perhaps the most entertaining piano player I had ever seen, Kory Simon. He was not the normal guy you see onboard RCCI, playing the same dry songs.

All in all this was a great cruise, perhaps my favorite of the bunch. Even disembarking was a breeze!

Publication Date: 01/06/11