Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by eculmone: December 26, 2010 on the Solstice

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

December 26, 2010 on the Solstice

Sail Date: December 2010

Nice cabin, nice view (port side), really rough waters which they kept telling me was unusual for that time of year 15 foot swells. I found the meclizine helped. Nice ship, friendly staff.

Hard time finding chairs on deck. Too many people hoarding chairs? Tween program our dd was promised had no 12 year old girls. She ended up playing a video game with two boys and since she had no clue of what was on the ship, her 'scavenger hunt' was disappointing for her. She did not want to go back. They had one small pool for the kids and it had way too many unsupervised children around. My one attempt to go for a swim in the 'adult' pool resulted in a young boy jumping in and soaking me while I was trying to get in. I did not want to get my hair wet, but had no choice as water went up my nose. Needless to say, I never ventured back into the pool.

The ship itself was really beautiful, the food was excellent. Don't waste your money at Tuscan Grill. It was supposed to be an More 'Italian' specialty restaurant. They served 'French' onion soup? We are Itlian and this was definitely NOT Italian. Pasta was clumped together, no fresh crusty rolls, tomatoes were not ripe - yuk. Food included in Oceanview Cafe and at the Grand Epernay was most enjoyable and it was included in your cruise - I would not do specialty dining $30 pp plus tip. For the three of us who did not eat due to poor quality $110 extra was a let down. I would have said something then and there but my dh did not want to make a scene and it was just our lesson learned.

Snorkle excursion was cancelled due to rough waters so we were upset, but nothing the cruise line could have done about it. Did the lovely island beach tour to meagan's bay. Um, would have preferred direct drive to beach. Tour was just a few stops at some tourist souvenier stands. Silly. One stop would have been nice, Johnson and Johnson retreat but they only gave us half an hour. Not enough time to explore all it had to offer. Oh well.

Disembarking was unorganized, just took one rude lady to spoil it for us after patiently waiting several hours. Anyhow, won't continue to harp. Just note to self. Cruising is not for us. Would rather be at Disney or Universal or any other resort with better managed children. Seemed to be too many spoiled children running around the ship, running into elevators and the down stairwells. I don't think it's cruise lines fault, just the impression is that parents can just let their kids run wild and that's exactly what they did.

All and all just the three of us made our own fun and were happy to be together. Next time though, we'll find a quiter, little more organized tropical location on land... or maybe sea if the cruse lines can somehow enforce parental supervision? I know, not likely so the jury is out on this vacation experience. Too many negatives made for a somewhat stressful getaway... not at all what I thought it would be Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Vista Deck (8) 8287

Cabin was very cool. Loved my room and my bed. DD loved the pull down bed from the ceiling. Lots of space for clothing and empty suitcases stored nicely under the bed and out of the way.

Tour guide gave us a tour of the ghetto. Not exactly pleasing. Dropped us off in downtown area where bums littered the streets. And our dd was nervous and scared. We just wanted to get back on the ship. Very scary feeling. Not a place I'd like to visit again.

Read 1380 San Juan Reviews

Nice shopping area, nice beaches, nice feeling. Felt safer here. Would have loved to check out the snorkling but mother nature was not cooperating

Tour was long and boaring. Sorry :( The beach was very windy and rough waters. Again travelling to the beach felt nervous going through some slum neighbourhoods. Seemed very ghetto like

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews