Radiance of the Seas 5

EbbCruiser
Member Since 2008
6 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My family which consists of my wife, myself, a 17 year old son and a 13 year old daughter drove to Florida and spent one day at Daytona. We enjoyed touring the speedway and then drove to Tampa the next day. Both hotels were found using priceline.com and were adequate for what we needed them for (a place to rest). This is our 3 cruise all with RCI

Embarkation: It was slow. We got to the port at 11:30, but we were told that we could not board the ship until 12:00 due to port police looking for oil leaks on all the ships entering the port. No big deal we enjoyed the cookies and drinks and we on board by 12:15!

Cabin: We had an oceanview cabin for the 4 of us. We did have an issue on the second day of our toilet not flushing and our shower not draining. These were fixed quickly and efficiently. Our cabin was at the end of the hallway midship right next to the centrum and guest services. Despite that the noise was not excessive and my 17 year old son enjoyed listening to More the music as mother prepared her hair for supper each night.

Spa: For the first time we took a spa tour and my wife won a free mini-facial. She enjoyed that very much. I doubt that I would have due to my face being too large (just kidding).

Activities: My 2 kids and I did the rock wall. It was fun and the wall was different than the other ships. It had a little more character although the wall itself was quite abrasive. Don't use your knees or you'll regret it. We enjoy the simple stuff like the mini-golf, but the cups are absolutely horrible. They are really "tin cups" that stick up and it is hard to make a real putt. I know that it is just for fun, but it cause it to become just plain stupid when you can't make a straight putt.

Dining: We ate breakfast and lunch at Windjammer everyday. I love the omelets and got more than I could eat. The main dining room food was good, but I couldn't understand one thing. We had to ask for coffee, tea or lemonade. Otherwise, all we got was water. What's up with that? That being said, it was no big deal because we DID ask for other drinks and were given them no problem.

Entertainment: We thought that the entertainment was great. I though that the singers were good, but I was absolutely captivated by the dancers. The had great energy! I was absolutely thrilled with there dance to "Sail Away".

Debarkation: Had no problems and was problem free.

Post Cruise Comment: This was totally our problem, but in the confusion we tooks our Cabin Stewart's tip with us. I called Royal Caribbean and asked if there was any way that we could make up for this and get the tip to our cabin stewart. We were told that there wasn't. It is our mistake, but I find it hard to believe that there is no method for honest people to be able to reward their had working employees after the fact.

That all being said. My family had a great time and it was a great Christmas present. Less

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Ocean View Stateroom

I4560
4560 Ocean View - Right at the Centrum Lobby and Guest Services. VERY close to the main dining room. The room still remained quiet. We had one bathroom issue with the shower drain and one where the toilet wouldn't flush. Both issues were fixed quickly.

This was the best excursion we have EVER taken. We took the Fury Catamaran excursion through the cruise line. The weather was great. The catamaran ride was nice. The snokeling was fun. The beach was beautiful. We went back to the ship for lunch. Afterwards, we shopped some and went back to the ship.

Read 4532 Cozumel Reviews

Published 01/05/11

Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?