Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by simonmom

13-15 3.0
        16+ 3.0

EPIC... FAILURE!!!
Happy New Year!

I will be brief, since many other reviews kind of say the same thing. I have traveled on 9 cruises from Alaska to the Caribbean. I have never experience such disappointment in a ship, especially a new one.

Last year, I cried when we left the Oasis of the Seas, this year I cried when I got on Epic!

Other than being with 17 other friends and family members, the ship proved all the other reviews right.

Service, poor. If and when the staff spoke English, the lack of care and helpfulness was lacking.

Room, lacked that special touch of effort, (towel art, basic at best)Food servers, spoke little to no English, getting most orders incorrect.

I will no complain about the bad weather, since you cannot control storms, but the lack of staff assistance to the over 632 sick passengers were also noted.

DO NOT waste your time seeing the Cirque show,most of us walked out...

DO recommend Howl at the MOON.. fun, dueling piano bar.. fun and entertaining.

Best extra restaurant, Moderno ( Brazilian Steakhouse). Legends in COncert the best show of the week

For those a bit larger, DO not even try to book this ship, you wont fit..bathrooms and showers so small, that most of us needed to turn sideways to enter the shower and bathroom tubes the call rooms.

Hope you do not have the room configuration that our friends had that their bed was the first thing u walked into as they entered their room, we at least walked into the couch first.

Although the beds were comfortable, if you were past 5'6" your feet hung over the bed, I hope you like to sleep curled up.

Casino is the main cross walk to other side of ship, on it's main level.. SO SMOKEY and narrow, kids running thru the walkway. So many Europeans that smoking was over whelming ( me being an ex-smoker) couldn't breathe. Oh , and don't look down... mid way is the main dining room and is the opening to the casino from above.. Smoke during meals.. not too smart!

The photo center completely unorganized and incompetent..

NO instruction on how to disembark,very unorganized, they were much more organized on getting you on the ship, once they were done with you, you felt it... No BLING on the ship, very old looking, 60's style decor, only thing missing was the shag rugs!

Safe sailing... I recommend you avoid the EPIC,if you want to enjoy your cruise..

Publication Date: 01/03/11