Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ehoosterbaan: Would not recommend, was a complete rip-off.

ehoosterbaan
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Would not recommend, was a complete rip-off.

Sail Date: December 2010

I travelled with a family member in a balcony room, very small for my $1750 (each). The bed was surprisingly comfortable, though. One of the first things I noticed after checking into my room and returning on deck was the immense number of guests on this ship (about 4,500). I thought this would be fun though, I like being around a lot of people.

My opinion on this changed the very next day after not being able to get into any specialty restaurants, not being able to see Cirque or Blue Man Group due to all reservations being SOLD OUT within 24hours of being on ship. I booked through NCL directly and it was never suggested that we should make reservations to eat or participate in some of the Epic's major selling points. I should not have to plan out what I will like to do a week in advance; I do not find this to be "Free-Style" cruising at all.

A few times going on the pool deck during the afternoon I was unable to find a seat anywhere. There is massive amount of More room but still there were way too many people to comfortably accommodate everyone.

I spoke randomly to a few other couples that said they felt overcrowded and ran out of things to do on the ship. I noticed a lot of families and couples seemed to be bored. There were not many smiling faces come the 4th of that 7-day-cruise. It was amazing that the cruise director even called everyone on ship (over the microphone) "sickening" for being so boring during the "miss Norwegian" fashion show.

There were a total of three partial days actually at the ports of call, not full days. The rest we spent putting around at 4-knots and doing curly "Q"s around the ocean unnecessarily (we were close enough to stop at a port); I would love to have spent that time at a destination rather than on the the ship.

I personally felt this cruise was strictly themed at getting money out of guests pockets and not about having a good experience or good service. One of the things I like about cruises is the level of personal service you get; you will not find that on this ship. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic

Great design, modern with a good use of the very small space. Prepare to scoot sideways in your room. Great size balcony!

Very friendly people, lush green hills, beautiful blue water, and lots to do. This has the best zip-lining, do not go with an excursion group though. I tried zip-lining in Costa Maya with the shore excursion group (BioMaya) and was very disappointing. Only three runs with a lot of waiting (too many people to a group, it took up the entire day and we only zip-lined for ten minutes time on an actual line. Roatan gave me a good experience to remember; about three minutes of waiting and 9 runs in beautiul tree tops. 45 minutes of line time!

Read 1649 Roatan Reviews