Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by hen302: Very Merry Xmas on Rhapsody

Very Merry Xmas on Rhapsody

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Other

I travelled with hubby, 16 year old daughter and 86 year old mother on the Rhapsody's Xmas cruise from Sydney. We had a ball and this style of holiday is certainly value for money.

Embarkation was easy, we got there at about 3pm and it took about 20 mins to board. Our bags reached our rooms before we did. We had 2 outside rooms, they weren't huge but fine for 2 of us and there is lots of storage space.

We have cruised twice before and this ship is the best so far. The staff are great, very helpful and friendly. The service and food in the main dining room is excellent and we really enjoyed the salad bar there for lunch on sea days. I had my birthday on board and the white chocolate cake that my mother organised for us that night was just superb. Nothing was too much trouble.

We enjoyed some of the activities, particularly the trivia and the 'Feel like a Millionaire' game was very funny. Katie, the games manager, has an excellent sense of fun. Entertainment More was excellent, particularly the headliners. Also felt that the variety of entertainment was good, with singers, musician, juggler, illusionist. The Rhapsody of the Seas band was excellent.

Only thing I felt was of lower quality were a couple of the bands that played in the various lounges. A couple were very good, but others were quite bad - I can sing better. And sometimes they were way too loud for background music. Still there was a good variety of entertainment and I guess it cant all be excellent.

Xmas Eve carols in the Centrum was a bit of a fizzer. Lovely big song book is handed around, but the carols only initially went for 20 minutes. We had to yell and beg to get more. The limiting factor seemed to be that the band didnt know many of the songs. It was good, but needed to go much longer. Give them their due, the played on for about another 15 minutes when we asked.

Xmas was interesting. Obviously very American as it is an American ship - the menu was not what we Aussies would be used to, or expecting. Would have loved some plum pudding. But hey, we go on holidays to do things differently so this was fine really.

The ship is big, clean and well maintained. The staff are great and the experience was fantastic. Will definately cruise with Royal Carribean again. We stayed in Sydney for a couple of days after the cruise and saw the Sun Princess arrive - very small and old looking in comparison.

For the price, this was a great holiday and it is so nice to step on board and be treated so well. Looking forward to my next one. Less

Published 12/31/10

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X