Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by mef462: Freedom of the Seas

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Freedom of the Seas

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My first and last cruise was a 4 day trip to the Bahamas on the Sovereign of the Seas. This gave me the cruising bug, so I couldn't wait for my 7 day cruise. It was everything I had hoped it would be. The trip to the Bahamas showed that I have no problem with seasickness, which was good, because the ship was rocking quite a bit and our cabin was at the very end of the ship which made you feel everything. This did not bother me at all, thank goodness.

From day one this trip was great. The embarkation was uneventful and we where treated so well by everyone. All the events on the ship gave you plenty to choose from or you could do absolutely nothing. The food was excellent. I have read a few reviewers who complained of the food. Well they must be very hard to please because even if something wasn't cooked to your liking all you had to do was speak up and it was taken care of.

From day one I was entertained and waited on hand and foot, wow it was great. The shows on the More promenade and all the other areas of the ship where great. The staff, my room steward, our waiters, etc where fantastic. Every need was met and some needs I didn't know I had where met. We took advantage of the spa the first day and boy....by the time I was done my body felt like a limp noodle. LOl. I highly, highly recommend a cruise for a vacation and I'm going to be partial to Royal Caribbean.

Our first port was Labedee Haiti and it was great. Due to very high winds our initial excursion was cancelled, but we where able to book another one right away. The people on the Island where great. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 1400

Cabin 1400 was great, big closet, great balcony, quiet, too far from an elevetor though, lol.

This was actually our second port and I loved Jamaica. I've heard quite a few people complain about the aggressive selling technique of the natives, but I had no problem saying ""no thank you". We had Dunns River Falls booked for this and it was beautiful. I was unable to climb the falls due to a bad knee, but it still was great to be there. We then spent time at the beach where the water was so clean and we napped and ate Jerked chicken. This has become my new favorite food;-). 3rd Port was Grand Cayman and it was beautiful. We spent it at 7 mile beach. The water was sooooo clear it was amazing. That is the only area I have a complaint about though. The shore line was very rocky so it was very uncomfortable to actually go in the water and the beach chairs where on a hill. Didn't make getting around very comfortable. The lunch served was good and plentiful and the staff where friendly. 4th Port was Cozumel, Mexico, where we did the Dolphin swim. Absolutely fantastic!!!! Will definitely do that again. My only complaint is that their video equipment was out of order so we couldn't get a video of our experience. The icicng of the cake was before we left we had a Manatee encounter which we where unaware of. The are such gentle giants. The best experience of my life and I can't wait to do it again!