Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Iceberg2

Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Ruby Princess - Dec 12-19, 2010
Ruby Princess Review - Dec. 12-19 2010

Embarkation: Went to lounge for Platinum status at 11:30 a.m. Barely had time to finish a coffee when we were called to check in. Wore Red Beads and were approached by roll call members which was a pleasant surprise. Check in took a few minutes, no waiting, it was a breeze. When up to our room on Caribe Deck and quickly met Denis our cabin steward. We asked for top sheets, robes and to change pillows to non allergic.

Left for lunch in the dining room and started our vacation. When we got back to the room from eating, our luggage was in the room as were the things requested.

After the muster drill, we went to the Outrigger bar for an impromptu Roll Call meeting. We met our computer buddies and continued to see them during the week. It was really great bunch of people.

Dinner was at the Da Vinci dinning room, can't remember what we ate, but we had no complaints about the food the whole week. I went to see Bert Stratton who I have not seen in a few years. I am fan, but my cousin thought his mannerisms left much to be desired. She played trivia as she loves it and played almost at every opportunity.

Monday, we were woken up by the Captains message at 7:00 a.m. that Princess Cay was cancelled as the waters were very rough and this would be a sea day. There was two young ladies - the Amazing Acrobats Duo Alla Perform in the Piazza - a short show, but very enjoyable. Went to the 50 & 60's Sock Hop Party - loved the music and saw Comedian Peter Sasso and he was terrible. Also the production show -Stardust which was pretty good.

Tuesday - we had our roll call meeting and had a very poor attendance With all the postings done before, we were sure that it would be a big group. Too bad for those who missed it, because had lots of fun with our cruisemates. Tuesday was formal night with Champagne Water fall, Captains Welcome Aboard Party. Again, I got to see Bert Stratton

Wed - St Maarten - been there before, so just took the water taxi into town to visit my favourite jewelery shop and left him a donation for a new pair of earrings. Spent some time in the casino and lost my money in the 2cent slots.

Thursday - St. Thomas - just got off the ship to look for a new magnet. Went to see the comedian Phil Tag -he was great.

Friday = Grand Turks - beautiful island - took a bus tour and ended up at Governors Beach but the water was too rough for me to attempt snorkling. Entertainment was magician David Cats - he was very good. Saw the Pop Star heat and the talent was very good.

Sat at sea - \Water still very rough. Went to High Tea, but only 3 people showed up for the Mad Hatters Tea party - so I left all my gear in a bag. It was very nice. Bert Stratton played in the Explorers Lounge to full capacity and he was great. There was the final heat of the Pop Star and the winner was crowned - fun time.

Debarkation was a breeze - had a 11:30 a.m. flight and after having to change by debarkation time to 8:20 - I was off the ship and at the airport for 9 00 a.m.

Food - I am not a fussy person, so everything was good for me. I had my lobster and scampi's, prime rib, rack of lamb, lamb shank, etc. Coffee not very good, so I bought a coffee card & enjoyed that. We mostly ate in the dinning room, had lunch in the Horizon Court.,and International Cafe.

Internet Cafe - had a package of 150 min and a lot of frustration. It's very slow and I had problems logging on to my email. - There are also free cards to be sent by Princess too.

The beds were not terrible as many complained. We did not need egg crates. Don't know what the fuss is all about.

We met the nicest of people on this cruise, had a great time. This was my first time with a balcony on Caribe deck, the room was large and the balcony was very spacious.

Publication Date: 12/31/10