neoRomantica Cruise Review by Ruth Rowan: Yuck!

Ruth Rowan
0 Post

Compare Prices on neoRomantica Asia Cruises

Yuck!

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Shanghai

I looked at Cruise Critic reviews prior to departure so wasn't expecting a great voyage. Only booked because good price and excellent ports of call.

At least it partly reached my expectations. That was the price and ports of call!!.

I have never embarked on such a disorganised ship. There was little to no information available. We had booked a Costa package which included airport transfers. Out of about 30 people arriving on our flight they managed to lose 4 elderly ladies at Shanghai. Enough said about that because it just got worse. They "guide" only gave us information regarding trips nothing about procedures of boarding the ship. On arrival at the terminal we had to carry our cases a good distance without assistance okay for my husband and I but there were several elderly and very very tired passengers who like us had travelled from various destinations via Dubai.

Enough said because I could write a great deal more!

When we finally got to our More cabins after chaos in the atrium. There was again no information!

There is a person on board who is described as the English speaking host who is a total waste of space and makes information up as and when its suits him to do so.

Again it is pointless in further describing the whole of his performance during the 16 days. Sadly my husband took ill and eventually had to seek medical treatment. The Doctor and two nurses on board did not have English as their first second or even third language! As there was a mixture of Australian English and Americans totalling over 400 travelling it was quite amazing. I am Not saying the competency was compromised but it was seriously uncomfortable.

Food was not particularly good but given the price it was "okay" The waiters were excellent chefs...well certain dishes could have been "warmer" Drinks expensive not much in the way of packages..15% service was really over the top for such a class of ship. Too much smoking too! The small wine bar as it is described was above an open stairway leading from a huge lounge . As passengers could smoke there ...smoke rises so us non smokers got the smoke as well. This area also included the only "alternative" dining option which was a pizza place. As pizza was readily available at the Buffet from mid morning onwards it hardly offered a change of dining options! Also the buffet was in a miserable room although a good variety it was not a pleasant area!

Utter chaos again on embarkation no information until late the day before and then utter chaos again in getting to the airport and checking in!

To sum up as I am sure anyone reading this is probably bored..Ships Officers arrogant ships staff who make it happen friendly polite and undermined! For no cost whatsoever to Costa things could be improved. If they had an English speaking Host who was competent and didn't exaggerate and tell porkies a lot of passengers would be happier.

Never again we shall put it down to a poor experience. Wonderful ports awful cruise line!! Less

Read more neoRomantica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's neoRomantica Review >>

Cabin review: neoRomantica 1403

Small compact clean good cabin steward