Mariner of the Seas 4

“Group Experience on Mariner”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

Duster1416
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

This was our second adventure on the Mariner and our 8th on this class of ship. You can tell the ship is getting a bit worn, but nevertheless, the RC experience was worth it. Everyone had a great time! Lots to do for everyone. We had a group of kids spanning a variety of ages. The groups all had different experiences - 3-6 years old - loved it! 7-9 had a bit of trouble with the activities; girls mostly bored and didn't want to go back; 10-12 had a great time if you loved sports. Not so much for the middle of the road kids; 13-17 didn't even know they were on board most of the time! The biggest complaint from the kids programs was that the 13-17 year olds were always let out past curfew of 1:00. They got "written up" 4 times, although no one ever said a word to us. Finally got wise to it all and met them at 1:30 to take to promenade to get a snack before the in-room movie. I experienced them talking with the staff -- only following orders I presume -- but they were refused service. The More server even questioned me as to why I would get food for ALL of the kids (8 of them). After a night of activities, I don't think a trip to get pizza and sandwiches and a drink is all that questionable. If they really were bad enough to get "written up" I would have expected to know about it. If not, I think RCCL would be better served giving the kids some snacks before retiring.

Overall, the dining room was not set up to accommodate our group as well as the Windjammer was. We also enjoyed the speciality restaurants. The staff there was very accommodating to our needs and well worth the extra costs. Much funner to tip them than the "i just expect your tip no matter what I do" dining room staff.

At the end of the week, the reviews were good -- good ship, good service, good people,good fun. Less

Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

D2
Room was fine - good size for the amount of time you spend in it. Perfect location. Mid ship - to the south of the elevators.

Published 12/30/10

Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review

Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?