Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by luvs2gocruzn: Wonderful Christmas Cruise

luvs2gocruzn
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Wonderful Christmas Cruise

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Being from the mid-Atlantic region, the Port of Baltimore was very appealing for embarkation. In less than 2 hours, we arrived at the Port and began the check in process. For the most part, it was painless. As we were traveling with a 4 year old, we didn't participate in the late night adult action but we had plenty of fun and opportunity to enjoy family time and couple time. We ate just about every meal in the My Fair Lady Dining Room and found it to be beautiful with exception service. We had Table 470, which was located right next to the Captain's Table (he only ate there once during the main seating of 6:00 pm). In addition to ordering off the extensive menu, we enjoyed the breakfast cereal/fruit bar as well as the lunchtime Tutti Salads. We were not impressed with the Windjammer Cafe but I wouldn't say it was bad. We are not buffet people and would rather be waited on instead of waiting in line and choosing food after others. However, the Windjammer is conveniently located on the More Pool Deck.

Speaking of the Pool Deck... it's fantastic. We had a few nice days to sit and enjoy the sun while our daughter splashed around. One day, the water was heated so mom got in with her! The Solarium is gorgeous and a nice, quiet getaway from the congestion of the pool deck. The water is always warm and relaxing. The Spa and fitness room is located next to the Solarium. I was able to enjoy a relaxing pedicure on the first day at sea. Very nice! The fitness room was up the stairs on Deck 10 and overlooked the sea. Very motivating! The LifeFitness equipment was in good shape. My husband and I enjoyed working out every day. Outside the gym was the Rock Wall. I am proud to say I gave it a try but only managed to get half way. My husband made the climb look easy and rang the bell at the top!

Our daughter LOVED Ocean Adventure! This service was a treasure for us. She loved the time away from us to play with other kids (Aquanauts 3-5) and the staff was professional, organized, and FUN. They followed the posted schedule that included wonderful daily themes. Kudos to Little John, Tinkerbell, Marshmallow, Andy, and Simon! The Ocean Adventure staff played elves and helped Santa hand out gifts to all the children on board on Christmas Day.

One complaint I have is that they held their 2nd formal night on the same day as the CoCo Cay Beach day. With the main seating time of 6:00, it was a mad rush for us to get tendered back, get all of us showered, dressed and dolled up in enough time. I think it would have been better to have it on an At Sea day (Christmas Day). It was an exhausting day! The only other complaints I have is the time spent in the ports. Port Canaveral was WAY too long at 10 hours whereas Key West was WAY too short!

Great vacation!!! Thank you RCCL and Enchantment of the Seas! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 2114

Cabin location was very convenient to My Fair Lady Dining Room and the main stairs/elevators. It took less than one minute to leave our cabin, climb two flights of stairs to the 4th floor, and walk into the dining room. We used the stairs most of the time unless going to Deck 9 or 10. The cabin itself was a bit used and the windows were dirty, but that is to be expected considering the winter weather. We joined the twin beds to make a bigger queen size. Our 4 year old daughter loved her "room" which was the bunk bed. Our cabin steward did a great job keeping it tidy for us. Overall, we enjoyed the location and the room with a view.

This was the longest stop over of the trip and we thought this stop was a waste of time unless we planned on taking the 1-hr shuttle to an Orlando attraction (Disney, SeaWorld, Universal). If you want to go to Disney, go on a Disney Cruise! As we prefer to do theme park vacations indpendently, we opted out of an excursion. Therefore, with a 10:00 am to 10:00 pm port of call, we had all day sitting in a port with virtually nothing to offer. Staying on the ship was fine, but it was too cold to enjoy the deck. We would have preferred staying in Key West or Coco Cay for a longer day.