Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Arlethab

Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Wonderful!
I booked our family cruise Feb2010, before I did my re-search. I started reading reviews in June until we departed. I must say the reviews scared me, I wanted to cancel our cruise " boy I'm happy I didn't allow others to discourage me".We didn't smell any foul odor or experience any long lines. We are use to Busch garden, Disney etc long lines so we expected the wait for breakfast, lunch and dinner to be horrible reading some reviews. (We never waited more then ten min except for the Mongolian bar, that takes a little longer.)..

As for the staff: In life we don't expect anyone to make us happy with a smile.I can't imagine working long hours and cater to so many throughout the year. as we walked throughout the dream , my husband and I stop to say thank you and smile.We asked one staff member how did he liked Belize his comment: he never been off the ship to tour.

Cozumel: was cold, we booked beginners snorkeling, it was cancel due to high winds. Belize: I didn't feel unsafe we felt like we were in Central America a poor country. I felt more safe then I felt in New York or New Orleans. "Guards are around with guns:)....

My favorite port had to be ISLA ROATAN: We booked with Victor Bodden tour: Monkey Business, west side beach and tour of the island " Beautiful". Our tour guide was amazing. Food was delicious on board the dream, we didn't want our cruise to end. We are planning a cruise on the magic 2012, but we would do Carnival dream again.

Our daughters 11,13 didn't attend or participate in the kids activities, everywhere we went, they were in our room. About 500 kids, young adult on broad, I can't imagine when the kids are out for break, I can't blame the staff for others behavior, some parents allow teens to run wild on board. to sum it up, we had a wonderful cruise, the staff was amazing: if you run into a staff member who seems to have an attitude, just remember" you don't know how there day went with so many to please on board.

Publication Date: 12/30/10