Celebrity Summit 5

“Holiday Cruise - Southern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

HappyTraveler10
Member Since 2010
6 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We took an eight day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Summit, and we had a great vacation. We booked the cruise, though we were initially concerned due to mixed reviews on the ship, and we were very pleasantly surprised. For anyone considering the Summit and reading the reviews saying that she is badly worn and in need of refurbishing, I have this to say. We saw signs of wear and aging in just a few places, and it was minor. Our cabin was in good condition, as was the ship in general. Yes, she is due for dry dock this next year, and probably due to this the cruise was somewhat less expensive than the shorter cruise on Royal Caribbean for the same week. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

We thought the service was top-notch -- can't say enough about the professionalism and quality of the crew. Overall, the food was exceedingly good, often outstanding. The one exception would be the steaks in the main dining room, which I would rate as fair to good. Everything else we ate was More great. We loved our tablemates, and found our dining room staff top-notch. We did not dine in the Normandie -- one of the couples at our table did, and said the service was great but the food was not really any better than in the main dining room. The entertainment was also outstanding.

We did have rain -- so much so that we had to stay on the ship in St. Lucia :-(, and a good bit of rain in both Grenada and Barbados. I took a Southern Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean in January 2010, and the weather was better. The rainy season is supposed to end in November, but I guess this year it dragged on longer. One of our favorite stops was Antigua (again) where we booked a snorkeling and lobster lunch with Creole Cruises (amazing).

Overall, we loved the Summit and were very impressed with Celebrity. I'm already looking at cruises again. I will say the one thing we missed is that there were no towel animals -- but since my daughter did not come with us this time, it was not an issue. Less

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View 8

087000
Room 7000 was an Oceanview in front of the ship, and due to its location, seemed larger than the standard OV rooms. Bonus -- very quiet since it was out of the traffic path. We had no problem with any motion from the position of the cabin.

If you want to shop, St. Thomas is great. Otherwise -- big yawn.

Read 3390 St. Thomas Reviews

Published 12/30/10

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?