Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by mrboo: Jewel of the Seas

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Jewel of the Seas

Sail Date: December 2010

I traveled on the Jewel of the Seas on the Dec 13-24, 2010 cruise to the Western Caribbean. In general, I found the cruise to be pleasant and would definitly cruise again, but perhaps on another ship. Knowing what I know now, I would be certain to inquire about the following for future cruises.

As a single person, aged 60, I was hoping to meet other singles but found this to be a family or couple oriented cruise. It may have been the time of year, but just the same there were few if any singles. As a vegan, I also found it difficult to know what food to select in the Windjammer buffet. Foods are labeled with a generic title (ex Swiss Salad)so you are not informed of the main ingrediants. Does it contain meats, dairy? I can only imagine that those with food allergies or are lactose intolerant would have the same problem.One can ask, but that is unfair to those people waiting in line behind you. Getting Soy milk for coffee was a big production for the first few days until the More coffee island in the Windjammer found it. The Tides dining room was worse. The food choices for Vegetarians and vegans was even more limited. The food in general was good, not great.

The lectures were very limited. I was hoping for more choices and more frequency that once a day. Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas 9016

Adequate closet, great balcony, quiet location, great view.

Unless you are a shopper stay on board.

Read 683 Aruba Reviews