Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MerryElizabeth: Dream was to big a ship even though it was great!

MerryElizabeth
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Dream was to big a ship even though it was great!

Sail Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I sailed the Dream November 20, 2010. I am an experienced cruiser and I thought the ship was a little to big for me to maneuver around. We were in the SPA cabin with a balcony and that is a plus. I have no complaints about the experience as a whole, except I did not think that the entertainment was as good as I have seen on other carnival ships. Something was lacking? The outside theater, cabanas on the adult only deck, food, service, port of calls, spa features, sushi bar and special salad bar and the outside BBQ on the deck 5 was wonderful-they served ribs and hamburger sliders. Getting on and off the ship was a wait at times, but due to the amount of people I understand that. Getting off the ship the last day was easy and getting on was easy. GET THERE EARLY. We were there at 11:00am and there were already about 200 people in line, but it went quick. I praise them for that. I sailed on the Legend- balcony room in January and I think that I prefer that Spirit Class ships. Easy to More get around and not so crowded getting off and on at ports. The food was good! Room was normal size. If you go to St. Maaten get the water taxi over to the beach and boardwalk area. You can shop, swim, eat all in the same area. It was great!~

We did have some rough water going and we were in the front of the ship for the first time ever and we did hit some waves that made the ship hit hard a couple of times, but family that was in the middle of the ship did not notice as we did. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Panorama 11209

Cabin 11209. In the front of the ship. Service was excellent. We had high winds 2 nights of sailing down to St. Thomas and the ship hit hard a couple of times. Balcony cabin and excellent. I like the special elevator for the SPA rooms to go up and down and up to the adults only deck, too. Quiet.

Get a taxi to Magens Bay (resort). Negotiate with taxi driver for price $8.00 and $4.00 to get into the beach area. Beautiful and worth the ride over the mountain. It was a blast to ride in the open taxi over that mountain and they stop to let you get pictures. There are clean restrooms and showers and a place to get drinks and food. This is a breath taking bay and scenery!

St Phillipsburg, St Maarten. Take the water taxi over to the main shopping area and you can shop, swim and eat all in the same area. Beach was wonderful and the Barefoot Restaurant is right off the pier. Food was good!

Nassau- Went to Paradise Island Beach which is Cabbage Beach. You cannot get into Paradise Island Hotel and Beach from here. They will let you use the bathroom which is a little walk in the sand from the beach drop off. We went to Hard Rock to get a shirt and I think that I saw Star Bucks also. The taxi driver did not have change for our money so he kept the change as a tip and I think that was a planned thing. So take plenty of one dollar bills with you to pay exactly. When leaving the beach you have to wait for the taxi to be full before they will take you back. They are informed of your time to be back at the ship and they do try hard to get you there in time if you are running late.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews