Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MerryElizabeth

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MerryElizabeth
Carnival Dream
Carnival Dream
Member Name: MerryElizabeth
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8C
Spa & Fitness 5+

Dream was to big a ship even though it was great!
I sailed the Dream November 20, 2010. I am an experienced cruiser and I thought the ship was a little to big for me to maneuver around. We were in the SPA cabin with a balcony and that is a plus. I have no complaints about the experience as a whole, except I did not think that the entertainment was as good as I have seen on other carnival ships. Something was lacking? The outside theater, cabanas on the adult only deck, food, service, port of calls, spa features, sushi bar and special salad bar and the outside BBQ on the deck 5 was wonderful-they served ribs and hamburger sliders. Getting on and off the ship was a wait at times, but due to the amount of people I understand that. Getting off the ship the last day was easy and getting on was easy. GET THERE EARLY. We were there at 11:00am and there were already about 200 people in line, but it went quick. I praise them for that. I sailed on the Legend- balcony room in January and I think that I prefer that Spirit Class ships. Easy to get around and not so crowded getting off and on at ports. The food was good! Room was normal size. If you go to St. Maaten get the water taxi over to the beach and boardwalk area. You can shop, swim, eat all in the same area. It was great!~

We did have some rough water going and we were in the front of the ship for the first time ever and we did hit some waves that made the ship hit hard a couple of times, but family that was in the middle of the ship did not notice as we did.

Publication Date: 12/27/10