Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by mickeysays

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by mickeysays
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Sensation
Member Name: mickeysays
Cruise Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6A
Value-for-Money 5+

Introducing the next generation to cruising!
Christmas get away for my husband and me, our two young adult children, son's girlfriend and our niece. First time cruising for everyone but me, I have gone on 2 other Carnival cruises with friends. I have loved cruising so much, so I wanted my family to try it too.

Pros:

Fun group on board - there were 8 college basketball teams sailing, including one from our area - Northwest Iowa, so plenty of young people to keep things upbeat.

Great food and plenty of it.

The band that played at the main shows was amazing.

Skip was a great cruise director, very funny guy.

Amazing service, from porters, to waiters, to Customer service peeps.

Variety of activities available at all times.

Serenity deck - peace and quiet.

Freeport = Junkanoo Beach. Clean, almost had the place to ourselves, beautiful

Nassau = Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day. We booked it ourselves thanks to tips found here on Cruise Critic boards. Paradise - would recommend this anyone who wants to get away from the crowds and experience heaven on earth.

Cons:

There were a couple of not great things, but who cares? It's vacation - don't let it bother you.

Bottom line: Our daughter suffered from sea sickness, no more cruising for her. But our son and his girlfriend are planning to go again, the jury is still out for our niece, and hooray for me......... dh is up for more cruising. That makes this cruise a success !

Publication Date: 12/27/10