Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by oshet

Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 6B

Carnival Conquest - not the best
The Good Stuff

The Conquest is a nice ship. Lots of space, good theatre, ample sized rooms. I had avoided Carnival as I believed it to be the bottom of the cruise lines and was expecting so so food, service, facilities, etc. I was in many areas quite surprised to the upside. The rooms where quite nice, the steward did a good job. The entertainment was also quite good. The food met my expectation - but that I will describe below in the "Not good stuff" section.

Not Good Stuff

As I mentioned, the food met my expectations. I had very low expectation going on the ship, and my expectation were for the most part met. I will admit that the wait staff was better than I had on NCL. I guess my biggest complaint was that the menu was too repetitive.

Another not so good aspect was there seemed to be very little activities planned. On NCL, and Princess there were things to do scheduled throughout the day. Everything from dance lessons to yoga. The only time the cruise director announced any event, it was to sell you something in the spa, or a shore excursion ("A very, very, very exclusive....") . I started calling him the Sales Director. If I heard him say "Exclusive" one more time, I was going to start disconnecting the speakers around the ship; he really was that annoying.

Publication Date: 12/27/10