Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Ksti99

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Great 1st Cruise & Fantastic Honeymoon!!!
My husband & I had a wonderful time! I've read alot of mixed reviews on the Carnival Pride before booking our cruise. We set sail Nov. 28, 2010 for 7 days to the Bahamas. I've never been on a cruise before, so I'm sure alot of the "veteran" cruisers were ones to pick this ship/ itinerary apart. I however had a great time. From the moment we walked on the ship we felt at home. We were first greeted by our room steward, Rodell.. who was absolutely fantastic. He was constantly smiling, and willing to help us with anything we needed. We saw him each and everyday. Our room was spot-less, and larger than I thought. One evening I wasn't feeling so great, and he checked on me, and made sure I was Ok. We came back each night to towel animals, and best wishes of the day for our honeymoon. I looked forward to going back to the room each night just to see what was done :)

In the main dining room we decided to do the Your Time Dining. We had Gairy as our head waiter w/ Sara & Vladamir as assistants. I've never been so pleased w/ service than I was with this crew the whole week. The food in the main dining room itself was delicious! They always seemed to know what we were going to order before actually doing so. How strange? LOL! We ate breakfast & lunch on the Lido deck all week, and they had a large assortment each day of choices. I never found myself looking for something I'd like to eat, nor did I eat anything I didn't enjoy!

As for activities on board.... you have to get out and walk around & have a good time. That's what vacation is for. We went to each of the Vegas style shows which were very good. The rated R comedian shows were Hilarious!!!! I enjoyed a mani/pedi at the spa. Pure Heaven!!! We also took a tour of the kitchen on board, attended the Love & Marriage Show (SO FUNNY), played bingo a few times, made a few donations to the casino, played the trivia games. We had a great time! We met alot of very nice couples & families to chat with too at the activities.

As for the Ports... the weather wasn't the greatest all week, but we made the best of it. Port Canaveral was nice. Went to Cocoa Beach... shopped around, walked down the beach & ate at the Sandbar Grill. Nice day

Nassau was prob. my least fav. We went shopping at the straw market... found some good deals. As for Atlantis - very commercialized. Not my cup of tea. It was crummy weather, and I refused to pay $$$ for a day pass to spend it on their beach area/ aquarium. Very beautiful layout though. Glad I got to visit, but not sure I would go back. Def. felt out of my league over there... I'm not Rockafeller! That's Ok though, had a nice time walking around, shopping.

Freeport was probably my favorite. Too bad we weren't there longer! This was the only port day the sun came out. We took a taxi over to Port Lucaya Marketplace. Great beach area. Very clean!!! Nice shops to walk around at too. Enjoyed our day here!

I must say though... the fees Carnival charges for the excursions I found a bit high. We booked our own after getting into each port. Had no issues & saved a good deal of $$$$

Overall we had a great experience on this ship, and I would def. consider another trip - maybe with a different itinerary to see different islands. I know other people have made such negative comments about this ship/ itinerary. Some things are so minor... it's petty! If you find the need to nit-pick things apart, then maybe cruising isn't for you! Sure I could have left negative comments... I didn't win the jackpot in the casino! Enjoy your vacation, and remember... it is what you make it. The crew members do an amazing job, work exceptionally hard to ensure you have a great cruise, so enjoy it!

Publication Date: 12/27/10