Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by marynpaul: Cruising for Six. Different Fun for Everyone

marynpaul
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruising for Six. Different Fun for Everyone

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We were a group of six. Myself (42), My boyfriend also (42). My two sister-in-laws, (43) and (36) there best friend (40) and my daughter (14).

We arrived in Florida the day before and visited Disneyworld for the day. We rented a car thru Budget (as one way rentals each way) for a very good price. We stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Day Spa.. The accommodations were that of a condo. We had a 3 bedroom and was very nicely appointed. We left for Cape/Port Canaveral in about 9:30 in the am. The ride takes about 45 minutes. We decided to go directly to the port and drop our luggage off before returning the rental car..figuring its much easier riding the shuttle back without our luggage. We returned the car and back on the shuttle and got in line and took about 15 -20 minutes before we got to get all checked in and on our way to get on the ship.

This was my boyfriend and I 2nd time on the ship, but for everyone else it was their 1st time on Freedom and for More my oldest sister in law and her friend it was their 1st time cruising. We headed directly up to windjammer to get something to eat for lunch and just took the time to relax and realize they are on a ship. By the time we got up, the rooms were ready so we decided to go down and put our carry-ons in the room. Before the trip I described the rooms as small (interior room, deck eight midship facing aft) The were prepared and found the room just fine for their needs and lots of storage space available. (and that's for 3 women).

We wandered about the ship most of the afternoon until we received our checked bags and started unpacking. We had My Time Dining but told them that we would like a standing reservation for the 6 of us everynight at 6 pm. So headed to the dining room on Deck 5 and were seated in the same section/table each night. Had a wonderful and attentive waitstaff with special mention going out to our waiter Caree from Jamaica. They had our drinks waiting for us each night and got to know us and called my daughter Princess every night she attended dinner with us. Food was above average but the deserts were very good in our opinions. Dinner usually lasted about 1 hr every night.

We enjoyed the nightly entertainment in the Arcadia theatre each night.. The special guest entertainers were the Nelson Brothers (Ricky Nelson's twins sons) who did a tribute to their father and were just terrific. My sister in laws were just blown away with this kind of top notch entertainment. We did go to Karaoke a few times in the On Air lounge, went to trivia almost daily at the Schooner bar, played and lost for the most part in the Casino, and went to Pharoah's for a couple of game shows. We also attended the quest and participated and has such fun and so many laughs.

We enjoyed all our ports of call. We went to Labadee, (beach day) but it was overcast and drizzling on and off most of the day. So only stayed a few hrs and headed back to the ship to go in the hot tubs. Next port was Jamaica, wasn't sure if everyone would enjoy it there.. but they did. (they bough one of those shopping port books onboard) . They used the coupons in the book to collect all the free or next to free stuff.. they thought of it as a

Scavenger hunt. Then of course we all made our way to Margaritaville for a drink and some pictures. Next was Grand Cayman, The girls all went shopping again and My boyfriend and I went snorkeling. ( we have our own gear) so we walked to Eden Rock and just went in the water and had fun. Then after snorkeling went walking around town and walked to Seven Mile Beach.. (long walk.. probably wouldn't do that again. Plus the snorkeling not so great there either. Last port was Cozumel.. this is our favorite port .. The girls yet again ..went shopping and found some great deals.. My boyfriend and I rented a scooter and drove to ChaanKaab Park (not sure the spelling). It was $21 usd. And was very nice.. got to see everyone doing the dolphin touch and swim excursions right in front of us.. Got to see a sea lion show w/our admission. Went snorkeling and was just ok. But I got in a bad place and got near some coral and got stung by what I think is fire coral. Got two sting rashes.. but they are now almost gone away. After the park ..took the scooter around town and had fun.

My boyfriend enjoyed the flo-rider. We never made it to use the minature golf course or golf simulator. My daughter enjoyed the teen club/living room every day. She never wanted to be with us ..unless we made her. Lol . They had activities planned. But most of the time the teens like just hanging out and talking.. going to the hot tubs. .ice skating, flo-riding etc. She made so many new friends from so many different countries. She has been keeping in touch with some of them via Facebook .

All in all we had a great time. Everyone would go back in a heartbeat Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>