Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Manatee Mom: Carnival Liberty Dec. 18-24, 2010 Review

Manatee Mom
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 4.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty Dec. 18-24, 2010 Review

Sail Date: December 2010

This was our 6th Holiday Sailing. We sailed out of Miami's new terminal. Very nice and love the new Platinum check in room, lots of seats (even though we didn't need them) and lemonade to drink. My 11 year old son was very excited to get his very own 1st Platinum room key. After getting our keys we went up the escalator and got our family picture taken, still no line we thought we were home free until we got on board. They have 2 lines on deck both wrapping around that you have to stand in (no matter what level you are) till it's your turn to put your key in the slot to welcome you onboard. For us this was about a half hour wait and when it started raining the people on the outside row along the railing got wet. Carnival needs to look at this again and change it back to waiting inside the terminal, because there were no seats for the elderly or any facilities if someone had to go to the bathroom!

Once on board we went to our room (it was about 1 pm) dropped off our carryon More stuff and proceed to deck 9 buffet. There were plenty of open tables and not long lines at all. I went straight to Fish n Chips upstairs because last time on board I lived on the tuna. Sad to say they changed it now they cut up the tuna and watermelon and combine it in a small cup (much more watermelon than tuna), it just wasn't the same. All the other stuff was good. As I came down to our table I noticed the champagne had started flowing and there was plenty of free champagne all afternoon.

We loved the salute to the military on the new ship horn. The muster drill was fast and easy love not having to take the vest with us anymore.

The food we found as good as always, good selections. This trip I lived at the burrito bar (just like being at Moe's). My sons always found something to eat, his favorite dessert was the warm chocolate melting cake. We did go to Harry's Steakhouse on this trip, we took our 11 year old son for his 1st time, Loved it!!!!! Everything was perfect and the steaks melted in our mouth the way they should. I highly recommend trying it.

The Entertainment was good. We've seen all of the shows before on other ships. The 1st night's main show "Just Rock" the female singer was having a bad night and hitting all the wrong notes, she did much better at the other shows. After being on the CCL Dream it just seems that these dancers were good but not up to the level on the Dream. Todd is a great cruise director, love that he's not always on the PA. Miss having the full band out by the pool. Do not miss the art auction on board (they are gone). They did color war, but I think because we only had a 6 day sailing instead of 7 they were trying to cram everything in and they did the color war the same night as the 9-11 year old late night party, so the kids couldn't do color war and without them we didn't go. I only got to see the comedians twice. They were good, I was sorry I didn't get to see their late night shows.

The staff was great that we interacted with. I only had a problem with 1 bartender in the main lobby, so I never went back there.

The kids club was good for one but not the other. After we board we always check out camp to see what's new. As we walk in one counselor looks at our son, say's "Jacob is that you?" It's been a year and a different ship but 3 of the counselors remembered him. Both our boys were in the 9-11 group (one son 9, the other 11 - 2 months short of 12) The 9 year old loved the activities made a lot of friends and had an amazing time. The 11 year old was a little bored in camp and found his own things to do.

Overall we had a fantastic trip as usual. Sometimes it's easier to show you then write so check out our video. This year we did Flat Daddy (last year was Flat Stanley), He will show you what the ship and staff is like. Enjoy we did!

Part 1

...part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oX4algtkRs&hd=1 Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Empress 7438

Room 7436 was all the way in the back on even side. Didn't have any problems Room 7438 was all the way in the back on even side at night we could hear music from either upstairs or behind us (not sure where it was comming from) but it did stop around midnight every night.

Got a taxi and went to Paradise Beach. They have added alot of new water toys and the pool is set to open this week. Staff is very nice and you are not being harassed by locals. This is one of our kids favorite beaches in the world.

Read 3102 Cozumel Reviews