Pride of America Cruise Review by Dwyer2003

Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Number: 7524?

Pride of America-Disappointment of my life
I think this cruise was a great way to see Hawaii and what was wonderful about it is that you really got to spend alot of time in port and really explore the islands.

However--thats really all I can say about this ship. This was my first time on NCL and it will be the last. There were several ocurrances throughout the trip that brought me to that decision. The major issue that I found extremely upsetting is that the company did not separate smokers/non smokers. I spent extra money for a balcony that went to waste because I was next to a group of chain smokers. When I called the front desk to ask if possibly i could be moved to another room, the receptionist was very rude, curt, and let me know that there was absolutely nothing they could do for me. She made the claim that the ship was completely booked so for the next 7 days I would be forced to enhale second hand smoke. I don't tolerate smoke when I'm at home and to be forced while on VACATION i found unacceptable. What really irritated me though was that I later spoke with 2 other crew members who both informed me that the ship was NOT fully booked. I can not respect a company that lies to its customers and will certainly never reward that kind of behaviour.

The other issue was that the music from the night club could be heard in our cabin into the wee hours of the night. So much for a relaxing trip. Also when we arrived the coffee maker in our room was filty, sticky, and looked as it had not been cleaned in quite some time. I also found hair in my shower and a water bottle from, I guess, the previous occupants. Never did I meet out cabin steward and as a whole I did not find the staff to be very friendly or eager to meet your needs. Not to mention I took a survey after the cruise alerting them of the issues and no one bothered to respond or even apologize.

So I write this review as a warning to you all who are considering Pride of America. If you can, use any other line but NCL. They are only interested in taking your money and nothing else. The rooms are dirty, smoking is allowed in public areas, and the cabins are not sound proof so be prepared to hear the disco music until about 1-2am every night.

Also the food is sub par, Lazy J's steakhouse being among the worst. And it seemded that every time I turned around there was a pushy staff member trying to get me to spend even more money than I already had. Aviod this company at all cost!!!!!!!!!!

Publication Date: 12/24/10