Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by realgearhead: A Large step up from Norwegian Cruise line

realgearhead

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Nice

Hello

This was our 23rd cruise and our second on the Queen Mary 2 .We prefer to cruise around holidays as its easier for us to get away from our bussiness.

We sailed on the this ship christmas/newyears last year and had a great time.

Originally booked this cruise when we were on the ship last year ,but later had our booking transfered to an internet agency that we regulary use.

Embarkation in Brooklyn, was no problem ,lines move fast,and Cunard reps. were very pleasant.

Food and service in the dining hall ,I thought was excellant ,balcony room was adequit, plenty of storage and hangers,not spacious,room steward was ok.Gym is also very good.

I found that the cunard line is more respectful to there passenger needs .We're plantnum members on norwegian cruise lines and I felt like we recieved more perks and service from Cunard .I couldn't believe Cunards liquor policy,after we visited St.Thomas we purchased 6 bottles on liquor,had it More delivered to the ship ,when I returned to cabin the boxed liquor was already delivered to our state room.

Now Norwegian treats you like a criminal if you try and bring Liquor to your room,My past experiance with Norwegain ,We bought into a upgrade to an owners suite [expensive] upon embarkation they locate a pint of vodka in my carry-on and confiscate it . All this did was really piss me off and change my mind on future Norwegian cruises.

We highly recommend Cunard realgearhead Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Mary 2 (QM2)