“Inspiration trip”

Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I drove to Tampa to go on a quick trip with her sister and husband.

Boarding & parking was easy. There is a parking garage right across from the pier and an aquarium which makes a great pre cruise stop.

Our cabin was suitable and the attendant was a very friendly man from Jamaica.

(Robert I think). I've cruised on other lines before and once on Carnival so I knew what to expect. The food was ok, nothing spectacular, I didn't expect much from a low budget cruise. Typical buffet fare on Lido deck, the food in the dining room was a bit better. I think the staff though is overworked, our waiter was always running around and seemed stressed. The production show was a little cheesy but enjoyable. Saw a few of the comedy club shows. I enjoyed the family shows more than the adult ones. I'm not a prude but I don't need to hear the F bomb every 10 seconds nor do I need to hear a guy talk about a woman's' anatomy in intimate detail. The cruise director was Stephanie Meads who I found to be a total phony. I hate when people think they are funny and laugh at their own jokes. My wife asked her a question in the lobby about an excursion and she very curtly referred her to the excursion desk. I was surprised by her response, maybe she was having a bad day. When I mentioned her attitude to the excursion staffer he said she was just filling in for the real cruise director.

Cozumel is always fun to visit, we did the snorkel tour then took a cab downtown for some real Mexican food. All in all it was not a bad trip for the money.

Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Inspiration Review
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?