Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by mucklucks: It is that bad and more

1,085 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

It is that bad and more

Sail Date: December 2010

My dd and I traveled out of the Port of Miami on the Carnival Liberty on 12/11/2010..This was a mother and daughter cruise my dd being almost 30..The boarding process was easy no hassle.. we then proceeded to the Lido for standard buffet fare..the fish and chips were greasy..the rest of the food okay nothing to write home about just okay..Carnival desserts are great no matter where you eat them....Breakfast in the dining room was okay but got boring after three days same old....Very little variety or quality on this cruise..The cabins were clean and served their purpose.. balcony was tiny.. room steward was available and cleaned our cabin as soon as we departed, we received turn down service every night with a new towel animal and chocolates..That being said Carnival is suffering one major problem..the staff has been cut to the bare bones and it shows EVERYWHERE on this ship..the crew we spoke to were glad to have their jobs and were working 7 days straight no time off anymore like More slaves and that sits badly with me...

The only other thing I wish to comment on is the look of this ship..It is far from attractive it is gaudy and tacky and the flow is horrible lines form for everything from breakfast on the Lido or in the dining room to a comedy club on the promenade deck..traffic bottles up constantly..

Fellow passengers left something to be desired..I saw folks come to the dining room for breakfast in a Carnival bathrobe and gain entry, they also seem to have a need to eat while talking to the waiter and placing an order ugh!!!!

I have been on 7 Carnival Cruises and this was my last...

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Empress 7355

7355 on liberty was tiny location was great near mid ships elevator and forward aft elevator..quiet but small balcony was tiny smallest I have ever had