Carnival Elation Cruise Review by buellblaster

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by buellblaster
Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation
Member Name: buellblaster
Cruise Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Mobile
Cabin Category: 6C
Cabin Number: E240

Not so great on Service.
This was my 8th cruise on Carnival, and my 3rd out of Mobile. The last two were on the Holiday. Although the ship was quite an upgrade to the previous ship sailing out of Mobile (Holiday), the service was lacking.On the day of embarkation, my party arrived and I had recently recovered from a broken ankle. I needed to Ice my ankle regularly, so I spoke to my cabin steward and asked that he give me extra ice. (I had a zip lock bag)I just needed a small quantity. He said they on give ice twice a day. Morning and evening. I explained my situation but got nowhere. He again told me twice a day. He did go fill up my bag that one time. I should have called guest services but didn't. That is my fault. Next,for the first day at sea, the room cleaning was fine. The second day,he did not replace the glasses in the cabin. Not only did he not put clean ones out, we had taken one out of the cabin and it wasn't replaced either. The next day he replaced but never again the entire cruise. Never did they replace the glasses in the bathroom. Then out dining room waiter. The day of embarkation was my friends birthday. This was her first cruise. I had listed this when I booked but nothing special happened. After we ate I mentioned to the waiter that it was her birthday (as they were serving desert) He said, "oh we sing for her tomorrow". Well they were gonna sing anyway "that's amore'". He did come by the next day and sing Happy Birthday, but of course it was a day late and I did have to remind him again. Not one day did he not mess up our food order. If he didn't give the wrong food to the wrong person, we just never got stuff. I never did get tea I ordered one night and the they never refilled the water of two nights. Another guest at our table never got her coffee she ordered with desert. And it just went on and on. Again, I should have went to guest services.

With all that said, I would like to point out a couple of positive things. The ship was very clean. They had a different cruise director than the holiday. (Steve). Gone were those pesky half hour announcements over the intercom. You could actually sleep in. And the announcements they did make were not in the staterooms. The chocolate buffet was a disappointment. No fountain. Sushi was excellent and fresh. Just wasn't open long enough. There were two bands. Both about same style of music. They were both good but did not play long enough. It seems if you want to stay up late, you have to like disco music.

I would like to mention, we did not have great weather, and there was a lack of things to do since the deck was not the main focus. They did need to find some alternative activities inside.

All in all, my friend loved her first cruise and that was the goal of this trip. She is definately hooked so I have a new cruise partner now. (that was the idea!!)

Publication Date: 12/23/10