Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by mawvkysc: My Ship Came In!

mawvkysc
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean Cruises

My Ship Came In!

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Tampa

Background: Two first timers, a married couple in our 40's. We were accompanied by parents who had cruised before but never with Carnival.

* We were on the cruise that was postponed a day because the ship could not come into port due to high winds. Carnival called us to let us know not to come into port. My parents are in St. Pete, so we hadn't even left home yet. For us it was no problem. They compenstated us well.

Embarkation/Disembarkation: It was so smooth and fast. No waits at all. My uncle dropped us off out front, a porter was right there.It was super organized. My parents said it was the most organized embarkation and debarkation ever for them.

Stateroom: We were able to go right to our room. E85 was great. Right off the atrium, no noise problems. One level up to dinner. The shower was hot and had lots of pressure. The bedding, robes and towel were great. Plenty of clothes storage, but could use more is bathroom. The room didn't feel small at all. It More was a connecting room, but we didn't use it because the bed configuration to do that made it hard to see the tv.

Public Spaces: It isn't my style of decor, but that isn't a real big deal. It seemed dark, and I wish the ceilings were a litlle higher. The first day I felt crowded, but after that everyone spread out and there was lots of space. Be ready to use the stairs a lot though.

Food: We really enjoyed it. We ate most breakfasts and all dinners in the main dinging room. Love anytime dining. Lunch was in the lido or on deck. The lines weren't too bad, but buffets are not my thing. The service was good.

Entertainment: My parents love Jerry the guitar player/singer. They also loved the shows. I thought they were OK. I love Busch Gardens shows and felt this was a step down. We didn't do the comedy but heard the pg show was great!

Summary: The weather was cool for 2 days and shortened the trip, but we still had a great time! The ship is a good size for a first timer. My dad was not up to par due to a recent accident/surgery, and he said it was his best cruise ever! Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Interior Empress E85

Super convenient location, close to atrium. One floor up to dining room. Quiet.Not much movement. Connecting room.Plenty of closet space. Great shower.

Cozumel: We took a taxi tour to the east side. It was georgous. Next time we will rent a car so as to spend the whole day there. We got dropped off at Paradise Beach. We didn't like it. Too commercialized and crowded.

Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews