Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by cruising okie 56: Allure-Great 1 year anniversary trip

cruising okie 56
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure-Great 1 year anniversary trip

Sail Date: December 2010

My husband and I cruised Allure of the Seas from Dec 12-19th with my cousin and her husband celebrating our year anniversary of marriage. We had a wonderful time and I feel that since I read almost every review of the the Oasis to try to get ready for our cruise I would write a review about our trip to see if it will help anyone else......so here goes......

First of all we flew to Ft.Lauderdale the day we cruised and got there around 1pm and to the port around 2 so it worked out great!!! The check-in process was simple and fast and we were on the boat in no time. Since we didn't get there until after 1 we could go straight to our cabin and drop off our bags which was great!!!! We grabbed a bite to eat and explored the boat!!!! I have to admit it felt sooooooo crowded the first day but after that got sooo much better!!!! We made all our show time reservations and dinner reservations even though we had my time dining online before the cruise and it worked out great. We got into More every show we wanted to see and had no problem. Dinner in the main dining room was wonderful we had the best waitress Angelica!!!!!!! If you do my time dining and she is still there as for her she is great!!! The food was good I didn't feel like there was alot of selection but we tried new things and it all tasted great. I wasn't impressed with the desserts at all though. From our previous cruising with carnival we always had the option of the molten lava cake for dessert every night and we didn't have that once on the ship :(!!! Over-all the food was good and the service was amazing!!!!! We ate at all the free options on the boat and really enjoyed Park Cafe for lunch the roast beef sandwhiches are good!!!!!! We also enjoyed the main dining room for lunch also!!! SAVE YOURSELF A TUMMY ACHE DONT EAT AT THE WINDJAMMER IT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! I woke up sick the next day after windjammer food and it was horrible!! Also for breakfast the main dining room has a breakfast buffet and also a menu to order off of go there you wont be sorry and its alot less crazy for breakfast then the windjammer!! If you are going to go to the main dining room for breakfast ask for the al a cart side and you can also get the buffet too but you get better service for your drinks and if you wanted something off the menu. Thats all i have to say about the food....oh sorento's pizza was good also the make your own was fun :).

Our balcony was awesome it was the first time we booked that level of stateroom and I can tell you this family isn't going back to an inside cabin!!!! I loved going out on the balcony and just looking at the water!!!! Its really the only place you get a good view of the ocean since the boat is sooo big!!!! We loved it and found the room to be perfect plenty of storage and room for all our things.

The shows were awesome don't miss any of the them mostly blue planet and Chicago and the aqua show!!!!!!! We also enjoyed the movies on board it was a fun break during the day!!!! BOOK YOUR SHOWS ONLINE BEFORE YOU COME!!!!!!! We did this and it saved us having to wait and hope to get into a show like many guests had to do!!!!

Ok....let me give you some advice.....if you don't want to be cruise ship "famous" don't do the love and marriage game or the belly flop competition!!!! We did the love and marriage game and my husband did the belly flop competition and won so we couldn't go anywhere without someone talking to us. If you knew my husband you would know he loved the attention and meeting all the people but its just a warning!!! We were happy we did it because it was alot of fun but just know it plays over and over and over on tv for the entire ship to see lol!!!!!

Ports: getting off the ship was simple we didn't get to stop in Nassau because of the weather so that was a bummer but we got one more day to explore the ship so that was fun. We have been to St.Thomas before so that was ok.....there were alot of boats in port so I didn't feel like we got very good deals I think the only thing we bought was me a watch and i feel like we got a good deal on it. We had booked a snorkel tour with the ship but it didn't work out because of the rain. Our next stop was St.Maarten and it was really pretty i think i like it better then St.Thomas. We didn't buy much there but we did participate in the first ever royal caribbean 5 k race there!!!!!! It was alot of fun and I hope we see more things like that in the future!!! ESPN was on the boat and got footage of the entire event and its going to air sometime in January I think!!! The best part was my cousin won the race for the first cruiser to finish the race!!!! Of course some of the staff (fitness staff) finished first but honestly if the didn't they shouldn't have their jobs right??? She did awesome she is a really good runner and her prize was awesome she got a ton of Reebok stuff and BCS bowel tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a fun morning then we went back to the ship ate breakfast and went shopping....again not great prices considering we live in Oklahoma and stuff doesn't cost a ton here so maybe it was good deals if you live somewhere expensive but not great deals for us!!!

Our cruise director Ken Rush was awesome you will enjoy him!!!!!!

There is soooo much to say about the boat its hard to remember everything......we would go back on the boat in a second and pray for better weather but it was great always something to do if you wanted or you could do nothing if you wanted that was the beauty of it!!!!!! Go on the Allure I think you will love it!!!!!!! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>