“Skeptical no More”

alexkrn46
Member Since 2002
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We always cruise the week before Xmas, you can get the best deals and a great way to relax before the holidays. Originally we booked the NCL Epic but after reading about the bathroom situations we choose the Oasis. We have been to all the ports so the ship was the destination.

We choose a Grand Suite on Deck 6, usually we like to stay higher but that is all what was available. It turn out to be the best location central to everything.

Our first impression was WOW! The last time I felt this way was when I entered the Voyager of the Seas for the first time.

Day One:

We ate lunch at Giovanni's Table which was excellent and relaxing, when we were allowed in our room it was great, they only thing I missed was the excellent sound system the Grand Suite on the Liberty of the Seas had. We had so many notes waiting for us, being Diamond Plus, we had a Bridge Tour and Galley Tour scheduled. As Suite Guests there was a cocktail party scheduled the next day.

I never felt any movement. We went to the Suite and Diamond Plus lounge to confirm our Chops reservation. Chops did not disappoint us, my only comment is I missed not seeing the ocean while dining.

We saw the Aqua show - not to be missed, Oasis of Dreams, it was fantastic.

Day Two: Sea Day

Meet and Mingle which was fun and cabin crawl was also lots of fun, it was great to see all the other cabins. Thanks to all member for opening there rooms for inspection. Next suite cocktail party. We also went to the Ice Show Frozen in time. Had dinner in room which is a suite perk. Wonderful concierge services

Day Three:

Labadee, we had a Bridge Tour, which was impressive, huge , and state of the art. By the time we left the tour, it was pouring rain on the island. I wanted to see the changes since our last visit in 2008. We did some shopping and visited the beach dedicated for suites, would love to go back on a sunny day.

Dinner was in the Main Dining room, which was good, usual RCCL excellent service. Went to Quest which was great, Allan Brooks our first CD was better than ever and the game was fresh.

Day Four: Another sea day, did the zip line went to Headliner show with Scott Record which was entertaining. Ate at concierge lounge. Won a Make a wish - dinner with the Captain auction.

Day Five: Cozumel,I wanted to buy a Philip Stein watch, little did I know Will Stein the designer was present, it was an event. We had dinner at Windjammer, a former waiter now officer remembered us from the Adventure of the Seas.

Day Six: Costa Maya, the surf was rough, so not a good beach day we went shopping at the pier, great day to explore the ship. Ate at the concierge lounge which had excellent breakfast and lunch served to you. Captain's Dinner was enjoyable. Great Production show.

Day Seven : Watched the Splish Splash water show which was enjoyable and the fountain water show. Sorry to leave the ship. Dinner at Giovanni's Table once again excellent.

Pros: Beautiful ship a destination itself. Cupcakes were a big hit even though we vowed never to pay for one. Never had a long wait for an elevator. Carousel was fun as well as zip line.

Cons: Internet was slower than other ships, $30 for a steam bath, too much to see in one week, we missed Hair Spray. Hot Tubs always packed.

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Oasis of the Seas Review
Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?