Carnival Dream Cruise Review by firefighterman: Dream review for December 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Dream review for December 2010

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I first wish to thank crusiescritic.com for their web site. I spent some 20 hours reading all the material on the Carnival Dream and Western Caribbean Islands that we were planning to visit. People's opinions do matter.

The cruise, we sail December 11-18 of 2010 to the Western Caribbean. This new ship from Carnival was just fantastics! The staff works very hard to please. I had read some opinions about a smell on board. My wife and I never experience this smell. So if there was one Carnival must have got that fixed. The ship is very big, this was the largest ship we have been on and it's a new ship, those two reasons are why we chose to go with Carnival and Dream. The comedy shows were good and the other entertainment was goods especially Dancing in the streets show, Ports of calls

Cozemul-we have been here once before, signed up for the Isla Twister boat excursion but due to the high winds, all water sports were canceled. Wife and I took taxie $15 one-way to a More private beach club called Nachi Cocom Beach Club. You can also go to there web site and make reservations. The club only takes 100 people to their beach per day. We had no problem getting in, the cost is $49 pp. Unlimited drinks from open bar and lunch is included. Our time there was nice, the beach was nice and the club had many high ratings on this web site and tripadvisior. A cold front up north had moved in and the beach was windy and very cool so we did no water activities, just chilled out in the lounge chairs and huts on the beach.Oh when you get off the ship just find a taxies and asked other cruisers around you if they want to share a cab to this beach, that's what we did to split ths cost.

Belize- we had sign up with cave-tubing.com online prior to the trip, but due to the tendering to the island we missed our appointment time, we ended up shopping near the terminal, everything in and around the terminal is commercialized here, there's a gate that surrounds the place, we did not want to venture outside the gate, I just felt we would not be safe in Belize unless we were with a crowd of people. We spent a bout 3 hours shopping and headed back to the ship.

Isla Rotan - we had a blast with Clip & Zip just outside the port terminal, this was a zip line with 14 platforms, these people know there stuff, and we felt safe with the equipment at all times, after the zip lining we went to the free beach called Mahogany Beach. We just relaxed here for the day; the beach was beautiful and well kept lots of water sports to do here and activities.

Costa Maya - we went to place called old town, when you go through the port terminal your see a sign for old town tickets by shuttle located just beyoung the swim up bar pool, its $2pp each one-way to old town, we had read on here the bargains you can get there, old town is in view of the ship at port about 4 miles away along the beach. They have bars and vendors on either side of the a road, its sort of like a boardwalk like place with all these private vendors selling you items. Only drawback here is these people will asked you 100 times to show you there items for sell, it just got never reckon after awhile, I can't tell you how many times I said no thanks! There are bargains here, at the terminal everything is more than twice the price than old town, in old town haggle your price, tell them what you will pay for it, if they say no, walk away they will come to you agreeing to your price. We came back by taxie $4 total. Before you leave at the terminal there is a free dolphin show along the beach so see it.

In summary, the Dream cruise was fun, I have read alot of the Eastern Cruise, think we will do that one next. We like to try different ships, mainly the new ones, I do not think we will do the Dream again for that reason, nothing is wrong with this ship, go and have a great time. Carnival has a new ship called the Magic coming out in 2011 that's the one we want to do our next cruise on. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Verandah 8269

Cabin 8269, very nice with a balcony! Very roomy, only issue is that my wife and I sleep cold and with a fan running high at night to drown out the noise. Wished the room was colder too, i mean down to about 65. The beds are good and soft, found out later near the end of the cruise they will bring a fan to you if you want one in the room. Nice to have a balcony, couple of times washed a few items in the sink and put them out to dry in the chairs outside, i know that might sound a bit redneck but it worked for me as I only brought one set of workout clothes for the gym. You can hear people in the hallways talking and you can hear cabin doors closing, but hey I have heard that on other ships as well.