“CELEBRITY ECLIPSE - REGENT QUALITY FOR 60%-70% LESS !!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

sarapalms Celebrity Eclipse 5 CELEBRITY ECLIPSE - REGENT QUALITY FOR 60%-70% LESS !!
sarapalms
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We just returned from a Celebrity Eclipse space cruise that visited Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Roatan. This was our fourth cruise on a Celebrity Solstice class ship, and they just keep getting better!

We really had no plans to cruise this fall, but we saw the ridiculously low prices ($549) for a seven night cruise in a mid-ship balcony cabin, we decided what the hell, we'll go! Even though we had been to three of these four ports last March, we wanted to try out the new Celebrity Eclipse for ourselves.

The Solstice was good, the Equinox was better, and the Eclipse was just plain great! Karma is a hard thing to define, but the Solstice didn't have much, Equinox had a groove, and the Eclipse just plain rocked.

Some of you six-star cruisers may think I'm crazy, but my wife and I spent our honeymoon on the on the Radisson Regent Voyager 10 day cruise from London to Nice. Wonderful experience, but rivaled in most every area by the Celebrity Eclipse. The Eclipse carries 2800 passengers, while the Regent transports only 700. But, the Eclipse never feels like it's four times the size of the Regent.

Cabin quality, food preparation and taste, cabin climate control,the luxurious feel of the ship itself, the smiles from every staff member we encountered, and three really good production shows all received A's from my wife and me. We met and chatted with many experienced cruisers, and sooner or later the conversation turned to the Eclipse. Everyone we talked to love the Eclipse! Several couples who had cruised 30, 40, or 50 times on lines like Seabourn and Crystal marveled at Celebrity's ability to offer a very high quality cruise (Lexus, anyone?) at Carnival or Princess prices.

I do want to clearly state that our love affair with Solstice class ships does not in any way extended to the Millennium class vessels. In our opinion, these tubs should be sold or sunk.

Give these Solstice-class ships a try... And pay off a credit card bill or two with the savings.

Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?