“Great Fun Sailing out of San Juan”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

rlpolobear9 Carnival Victory 4 Great Fun Sailing out of San Juan
rlpolobear9
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Flew down a few days early really enjoyed are time in San Juan and all of the other islands. Please don't take this cruise if you think you are getting the best ship at sea but it was adequate right after dry dock a lot of the nicks looked to have been cleaned up. The staff where always cleaning and our room steward Henny was awesome everything we asked for or needed he accommodated.

The ship has added a new serenity deck on the front of the ship which was really nice with two hot tubs and various types of loungers and beds with nice covers and a hammock. There is also a bar with wait service and you cannot hear the big screen from up there. Most of you time on the one sea day was spent here relaxing, reading and talking to fellow guests. For all of those who complain about the mix of guests I thought is was great much like any other vacation and ethnicity or the guests played no part in a negative way at all. There is all new carpeting throughout the ship and again everything was super clean.

The room we has 2227 on Riviera desk was a nice ocean view room a god size had a couch and table. I knew this would be very port intensive so opted for a ordinary room just to sleep but not near any major noise. The room delivered in both areas except it seemed that due to the all the ports the boat was going very slowly at times and that lead to a lot of rocking of the ship. I am not squeamish so the rocking to sleep didn't bother me, but it did take some getting used to the first night back at home :)

What made the room so great was the room steward as I have mentioned previously he was amazing always cleaning up after us even going so far as to straighten our shoes and fold all of our clothes.

The food was OK nothing great but I didn't starve in fact I gained 10 lbs. The main dinning room food was hit or miss depending on what you ordered the best way it was described to me was like wedding food. Everything is edible but not everything you're going to love. The desserts where really good the warm chocolate melting cake was to die for and I never eat desserts my wife thought I was crazy.

Some tips on the food if you want eggs made to order get up early or walk over to the sandwich station in the buffet, there was never a line. Then go over an pick up anything else from the central area in the buffet they have everything there except for eggs and cereal. Do not order the fried mozzarella (it tasted like feet). If you like steak you can pass on it, the pizza was average (if you are not from the north east or Chicago you'll be fine with it). The room service coffee was 10X better than the coffee anywhere else, room service in general was pretty good late at night or early in the am (especially if you have an excursion and don't want to be frustrated).

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

Port
Really great port with lots of run things to do we walked to and through both forts and all though the city there are always little food festivals and the like. Must eats are anywhere on Fortalezza and Raices. Also check out Mojito's if Raices line is to long, get a mallorca for Bombonerra and Barrachina for a pina colda.

You can also hit all the stores Coach, Burberry, Guess, Ole (where you can buy custom hats) and tons of local stores selling cool things.

Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Published 12/19/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?