Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Gammiedoux: Carnival Triumph Accessibility and Bon Voyage tickets

Gammiedoux
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph Accessibility and Bon Voyage tickets

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans

My husband is in a wheelchair and I use a crutch. We have sailed Carnival before, but not this ship. Deck 7 is directly below the Captain, completely forward. We were in room 7203 (see pictures) The ONLY thing accessible about this room was the shower/bathroom. We asked for and received a higher toilet set and a bench for the shower (there is a fold down one there). There is no way to turn around in this cabin! The chair goes in, runs into the end of the bed, person gets into bed, other person takes chair out of room, switch place with chair, walk to end of bed, get in, fold up chair!! YES, this is no exaggeration! There was no room on either side of the bed! I can't imagine this room having furniture in it! We were told that all furniture had been removed...what? Where would it have gone?

Yes, you do have to close the curtains at night because it interferes with the steering of the ship. No problem.

Ask for the London dining room, it is mid ship. Paris is aft and More very far to get to. We were assigned Paris and my husband was not able to eat in there as there was no place to park him in his chair! Took all of the next day and many phone calls to get us switched to London.

The a/c,phone, and lights in the cabin didn't work from the first day. The a/c was far from cool, phone (I didn't care..room steward did) and lights would go off by themselves randomly. Took three days to fix everything...all in one night at about ten pm.

About the Bon Voyage, we ordered champagne, and chocolate strawberries, AWESOME! The birthday cake was FANTASTIC and delivered in the dining room on second night per my request. It served seven generously (small cake) and half still there...I gave it to the server for him to share with mates.

However, the coupons for drinks and photos are misleading. Maybe I didn't read it right...BUT the drink coupons are only for 5 dollars and change. The drinks are 7 plus. You can purchase two colas with one coupon at some bars, at others, they claim they need one coupon per purchase. Don't worry if you don't get it...I'm still confused! It did save some money...not worth it to me.

The photo coupons work the same way. Only pays part of the photo.

The return guest party was okay, drinks and canapes free.

Best place onboard? Oxford bar...if you smoke. DH loved smoking there and so did I. Best waitstaff also!

As for Guest Services on board...they have beautiful smiles..except they were laughing at us! Said that we knew the size of the cabin when we purchased. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>