Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by andover52: Really enjoyable experience in Epic

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Really enjoyable experience in Epic

Sail Date: December 2010

I did not have high expectation after reading the mixed reviews on this boat. However, I really did not find the problems mentioned in some of the negative reviews.

I did not eat at any of the speciality restaurants. The garden cafe offered lots of selections and they were all fresh and tasty. The lamb dishes in Taste and Manhattan were so good. The lamb chop literally melt in your mouth. There were enough selections to choose from the menu. The service in these three places were all excellent.

I tried the climbing wall, repelling wall, water slides, trampoline, batting cage etc... There was either no line or very short lines. It was awesome to play wii or to watch Patriots dismantled the Jets on the big screen.

The boat is big. But I found it was very easy to get around. I do not know why people complained about the location of the elevators. They are so convenient and fast, I found that I did not get to use the stairs as much as I did in other boats. More

I attended most of the shows and enjoyed them. One that was not mentioned in other reviews was the magician show. I laughed so hard the first night that I went to see it the 2nd night and laughed just as hard.

The stateroom is a bit small and the layout is not conventional. I guess it could be a problem if you do not want people to watch you brushing your teeth.

The bed is short, but very comfortable.

One thing that worth special mention is the staff. I think they went out of their ways to make you feel appreciated and welcomed.

Job well done, NCL Epic. Less