Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by ladyslippertraveller: Jewel of the Seas - A Fantastic Cruise

ladyslippertraveller
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Jewel of the Seas - A Fantastic Cruise

Sail Date: December 2010

My sister and I just completed a 10 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Sea. We have travelled with RC to Alaska and with Celebrity on their 12 day Mediterranean cruise but this trip ranks first. During our trip we visited Labadee, Haiti, Royal Caribbean's private resort area, Cartagena, Colombia, Colon, Panama, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica and Georgetown, Grand Cayman.

This trip was the best.The ship was lovely but the crew were top notch and made the trip an excellent experience. We had great service in the dining room thanks to Savio, My Time Dining's host and our wonderful waiters Joseph and Joyappa. The staff at the guest services were very helpful and crew members such as Naitalia, our housekeeper,Marylyne at the speciality coffee counter, Mario at the bar and Isabella made our stay very comfortable.

We enjoyed the ports of call and took in all the sights however, we loved coming back to the ship at the end of the day. It was like More coming home. We both had outside, ocean view cabins and they proved to be a wise choice.

The entertainment was fun and the best night of all was when the crew joined in and partied with the passengers. Everyone had a great time. It was like one big, happy family, young and old alike enjoyed the music and dancing.

The ship is a perfect size with the right number of passengers. Having been on the Serenade of the Seas and knowing the layout of the ship made it easy to get around the Jewel of the Seas.

Both ships are kept extremely clean and offer top notch service to their passengers.

The dining rooms, the speciality restaurants and the buffet offer a wide variety of foods from around the world. Taking a cruise is a great way to see a number of locations, relax during your days at sea and enjoy lots of great food and wines along the way.

Thanks to the crew of Jewel of the Sea they made our pre Christmas trip a great success. I can't wait for my next adventure with Royal Caribbean. Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3 3060

My oceanview cabin was spacious, clean and bright. I enjoy the time I spent in my cabin and have no complaints. It was great.

Cartagena, Colombia is a wonderful, old Spanish Colonial city with a lovely old city atmosphere. Plenty of shops, handcrafts, history and beaches to keep most people busy for days. It is a city worth visiting.