Previously sailed on Independence of the Seas and found Explorer a long way short of that standard.
1. Some lovely Islands to visit.
2. Great Weather.
3. Great Trips to Beaches and Butterfly Farms.
1. Last minute flight changes by RCI for the 2nd succesive time - not impressive.
2. Dull Bland Lukewarm Food in the Main Dining Room.
3. Worst Waiter I have come across anywhere - when he leaves your table after taking the orders from 3 out of 4 to serve 6 Americans that he also looked after (nothing against them by the way)then returns after some prodding to take the last order - you know you are struggling. 3 Orders wrong out of 6 (Chicken instead of Fish type level), food he served going off the side of the plate and an attitude about this.
4. Average Entertainment - flat, boring Parades. No Zip about the inhouse shows and some Headline acts would not headline at a local club.
5. Too many Jacuzzis shut for no apparent reason.
6. Pool Water not being Fresh - well hidden if this is advertised.
7. Royal Promenade was totally centered around Shopping displays and ways to get you too part with more money.
8. Daytime Entertainment - no comment especially on the sea days other than if you liked Quiz's then you would be happy, if not arrrgh!
9. A Ship in need of some TLC.
RCI really impressed me first time up but that has taken a huge knock from my time on Explorer - not an experience I wish to repeat.