Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by tri626: Absoultely Amazing

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Absoultely Amazing

Sail Date: December 2010

First impressions truly count and my first impression of this ship was simply WOW!

The check in process went quick and smooth. I arrived at the cruise port at 1:00pm and I was checked-in and aboard the ship by 1:30pm. When you step aboard the ship you are greeted by the friendliest staff and you enter into a world of fantasy. The Royal Promenade is grand and is alive as a New York City Street. Flash bulbs are going and everyone trying to soak in the sights and sounds of this beautifully designed vessel. I was very impressed by the tasteful holiday decor, not too much, just enough to put you into the holiday spirit.

I made my way to the Central Park Neighborhood and was in awe of how it truly resembled the real thing; from the trees to the beautiful plants it was indeed Central Park. My cabin was located on Deck 14 cabin 629 and my balcony faced Central Park which was wonderful. An extra perk was being able to sit on the balcony and hear the sweet sounds of the DJ More and/or Calypso band. Needless to say on a ship this big and all the places and things to experience and see, not much time was spent in the cabin. I did realize the cabin space was a bit smaller but it was comfortable all the same. Our cabin attendant was a wonderful young woman named Martha, who made things perfect for us at every turn. She always greeted us with a smile and made sure we were comfortable and didn't want or need for anything!

The Windjammer Marketplace is where I enjoyed breakfast every morning. The variety and service there was excellent. The food was always hot and very tasty. The staff were attentive and once again always with a smile and a kind suggestion on different things to do aboard the ship.

I enjoyed dinner at the Opus 3 Dining Room every night. Our head waiter Jeffrey and assistant waiter Olga became family. By the second night they referred to us by name and knew some of our favorites to which they had waiting at the table upon our arrival. Dinner every night was exceptional, the food the service the atmosphere; I have nothing but high praises for the food on this cruise.

For the most part I ate lunch at the Windjammer Marketplace but was able to enjoy lunch a couple of times at the Central Park Cafe where they make the most amazing salads and sandwiches and deserts.

The cupcake shop on the Royal Promenade also provided delicious treats, not to mention the Promenade Cafe that always had something good to eat no matter the time.

I loved the Rising Tide Bar which served amazing drinks and the notion of a bar in motion was priceless.

I enjoyed drinks during the many shows that I attended in the Opal Theatre; and they were all A-Class as were the shows. Hairspray was eye-raising the talent on that stage was like being on Broadway. All the shows were captivating...Come Fly With Me, the shows in the Aqua Theatre and Studio B skating rink.

Dazzles and Blaze two of the night clubs were always live and full of fun and energy.

Casino Royale was like being in Vegas.

What impressed me the most was the COACH store located in Central Park, I had to make a purchase.

The street celebrations and parties on the Royal Promenade was always fun and entertaining.

The photography staff were professional and did a great job; so much so I almost purchased every picture they took of me.

The Cruise Director and his staff provided so much activities that it was hard to decide what to do and not do. Bingo was always fun with Elvis from Chile. The game of Quest in Studio B was also a blast.

Another part of the ship that was amazing was the Solarium with its pools and hot tubs; a beautiful area to relax and just enjoy the open sea.

I can't give Royal Caribbean Intl enough praise for this ship and the staff and services they provided. It is A-Class and second to none. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10 14629