MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Stephanie Decker

Member Name: Stephanie Decker
Cruise Date: April 2010
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 4
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Posea-poses as a cruise ship. Stay away from MSC!
I sailed from April 17 through April 24th, 2010. I have been on many cruises before and am happy to say that I have never encountered such substandard food, amateurish entertainment, bad staff attitudes, lack of shipboard activities and bad poolside service as I have with this one.

My biggest concern is the lack of safety on the ship. We were docked in Bermuda when I observed a lifeboat drill. All 13 boats were should have ended in the water but the crew couldn't do it. Despite the frustrated captain only one boat ended up in the water.

One of the things most people look forward to on a cruise is the food. Not on this cruise, although they made me appreciate my own cooking. Not only was the selection of food poor, it was prepared badly. The lack of quality of this food was apparent. When one orders a container of milk from room service and gets one stamped 5 days after the expiration date, it doesn't inspire confidence. I don't believe the filet mignon served on the second gala night was filet mignon. I know it gave my husband food poisoning. Our dining experience was as disappointing as the food. We started out in the downstairs dining room. We never got water without requesting it at least 3 times and our food came out at different times. Our waiter had no assistant. We got so fed up we requested a dining room change. The service was better in the upstairs dining room. If I am going to be served substandard food, at least the service should be decent.

Also disappointing was the entertainment. On other ships, there are bands. Professionals are brought in and there is a variety- comics, singers, hypnotists. Not on this cruise. The same show was presented every night- same cast with slightly different themes. And they lip sync. I have seen better high school productions.

Our room was small and my husband's mattress was horrible. The ship liaison, Francesca, wrote everything down but got nothing done. We complained 6 times before the mattress was changed. Half the seats in the theater were broken and uncomfortable. I have never been on a ship that closed up the pools at 6 p.m. The staff was overly concerned with keeping the ship pristine to the point of ignoring the passengers. Getting pool chairs set up took a lot of pleading and ended up with my husband unstrapping the chairs to get one for me. I was eating on the pool deck one day and one of your staff decided to move my table so that it lined up perfectly with the other tables while I was using it. Incredible.

They advertised 3 days in Bermuda- fraudulent advertising. We got into Bermuda Monday at 6 p.m., had Tuesday there, and had to be back on board by noon on Wednesday. That's a day and a half, not 3.

They ruined my vacation, gave my husband food poisoning and a backache, put me at risk with an untrained crew and treated me disrespectfully.

Publication Date: 12/15/10