Carnival Dream Cruise Review by DonaIris: I'm still dreaming of the Carnival Dream!

Carnival Dream 5
DonaIris
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

I'm still dreaming of the Carnival Dream!

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We had one of those cove balcony rooms and it was awesome to be that close to the water. We heard the waves froth, had a wonderful breeze to escape to and the cove style offered plenty of privacy. Room size is just a little bigger than typical inside rooms.

Just cruising on the Carnival Freedom last year, I felt the ship overall was a slight step up in decor. Service was okay; not bad just not as good as other Carnival cruises I've been on.

Entertainment was awesome. We enjoyed the comedy shows and adult, non-rated acts. Caliente nightclub was exactly that... Caliente!!! Kudos for placing the teen/preteen discos on a different floor. This was safer for the young girls; I'd definitely bring my kids on the cruise next time around.

Favorite port Honduras; we went ziplining with South Shore Canopy Adventures (booked through shoretrips.com) then relaxed at the west end/bay beach; offered beautiful clear water, very relaxing - best beach ever visited. Ziplining More was awesome!

2nd favortie, Cozumel; we booked through Carnival the twister boat/Passion Island excursion. The island is beautiful and relaxing.

Other ports were okay. Belize snorkeling was a let down. Costa Maya's mini-jeep excursion booked through Carnival was overpriced and a huge let down; next time I'll just hang out at the port area.

Overall, we'd definitely cruise on this ship again. We had a wonderful time. My head is still sailing on cloud 9... Less

Published 12/15/10

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 7C2346 Cove Balcony

Read All Cove Balcony (7C) Reviews >>

We booked through Carnival the twister boat/Passion Island excursion. The island is beautiful and relaxing. The boat ride was fun. Food and liquor was all-inclusive and good quality. Great guacamole! My husband and I (40 & 39) jumped on the floating raft like a bunch of kids, then soaked up the sun with a cigar in one hand and a drink in another!

Read 4781 Cozumel Reviews

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X