Carnival Dream Cruise Review by ERLEC

Cabin Category: 8D
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

The amazing and beautiful Carnival Dream
This was our 3rd cruise for my wife and I... Our first one was also with Carnival, back in May 2007 on the Liberty, then the Valor in November 2009.

The Dream is a very nice ship. On the 3 ships I did with Carnival, the Dream was probably the most beautiful ship we did.

EMBARKATION We flew from Montreal to Orlando early in the morning. We arrived in Orlando at 10:30am. We had made arrangement with TownCarNow before departure, so our driver was already waiting for us in the luggage area. We paid 175$ + gratuity, for a total of 210$ for the back and forth trip. We got an excellent service with TownCarNow and we will definately use them again if we take another cruise from Port Canaveral. The embarkation process went very smoothly. We arrived at the port around 11:30ish and were on the ship was 12:15pm max. When you register with Carnival, make sure they give you your passport back. They forgot to give back my passeport and I noticed it just before entering the ship. I went by to them and they said they don't have them, but I looked over the counter and found them under the keyboard of the Carnival rep... I was soooo affraid! For some time I thought I lost them.

DINNING We had YourTimeDinning but we changed this to a late seating dinner in Scarlet dinning room with a table for 2. The food was excellent on the Dream. No concerns there.... We ate seafood almost every night, good steak, filet mignon, fish etc... Food was cooked perfectly.

DEBARKATION Went like a charm... We decided to take the option where Carnival takes care of the luguages. You need to put them out by 11pm and they give you a numbered tag. Then in the morning all you have to do is to relax, take a coffee, eat breakfast and simply wait for your number to be called. We had no wait line and we were out right away when our number got called in around 9:30am.(we had #25 which is the last group of people to debark the ship) Then I called TownCarNow and the driver was there about 15 minutes later.

Publication Date: 12/15/10