Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by victoriasmommy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by victoriasmommy
Norwegian Epic
        3-6 1.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Epic with 3 year old
Embarkation - fast

Room - frosted glass not an issue.

It was a little rough... just a nice roll.. 1st sea day and last especially I'd say. Our room was towards the back and did have vibration upon docking.

We did have to turn back and drop a sick person off at cozumel on the way to costa maya but we were still on time.

The ship did not feel crowded unless you were exiting the theatre and the line for cirque had started.

MDR's - nice.The pizza's here for DD were a better quality we though that on the buffet.

Manhatten was ashuddering one night from the thrusters... but the band mostly covered the noise.

We found the service everywhere to be excellent. Everyone called 3 year old DD "princess" and had a smile for her.

Moderno's - very good. The had 'real' pasta for DD. def not Kraft.

O'sheehan's - hung out lots here too. breakfast. lunch and dinner. As I read on CC the apple crumble was the best. Had it like 5 times.

We used the buffet for a few times. lots of choices. not too busy.

Appreciated the ice cream!

Booked BMG online for Saturday night (CC tip) but arrived 20 mins early and got 5th row! DD fell asleep and slept through the whole thing.... Dunno how she did it. Great Show. BF had seen it before but I hadn't

Howl at the Moon. The daily said no kiddies after 11. We took my 3 year old at 8 for 30 mins and we enjoyed it.

Second City. BF and I saw the 7 oclock show 3 nights. It was pretty funny.

Cirque... BF LOVED the food, he said it was the best on the ship. DD sat spellbound for the entire 2 hours. the tall electric violin player was my fav. And the pirate. And the hula girl. Well. All of it. I've seen cirque at Disney but being so close made it extra exciting.

Asked the last night if BMG was booked up and if we could stand-by... (bc I'd read on CC that once you had one reservation you couldn't make more, also the tv in cabin said so too) BUT the nice lady booked us anyway.

Meet the blue men was interesting also

Family/Kids Stuff

Family Lego building and art and crafts. Dora's dance party. Diego's story time. All about 25 kids tops to these events! We really enjoyed ourselves.

The meet and greets were a bit fuller.

Kids Club is a fab place with great staff.

Bowling - nice guy gave us a free game!

Slides... I read on CC that sea days were crowded so BF and I didn't put on our suits the first sea day but there weren't any lines.. and DD was the only one at the kiddie park til noon! I think the second sea day in the afternoon we did see some lines for the plunge.

Ports.

Costa Maya - We did chaccoben mayan ruins with DD in her fold up stroller. Wasn't too hot in the am, interesting guide.

Cozumel - We took a ferry to Xcaret. Was very rough. DD and myself got sick. BF laughed as he read his book. Xcaret is truly amazing, its ecopark. I will never go to the zoo in FL again.... So different because there aren't huge fences in the way, they just expect you to restrain your kiddoes from jumping into the exhibits.

Roatan - Did a little stroll off bought a shirt and some flops but that was it. Was too tired after the mayan ruins the day before.

thats all I can think of now.

BF was very impressed with the facial recognition for pictures.

Publication Date: 12/15/10