Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by funcruiser01: Too many older ones!!

funcruiser01
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Too many older ones!!

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Let me start off saying, I will be 40 years old in a couple of months, and my husband is almost 50. We are not really the younger crowd type, but we still like to have fun. This ship was 85% senior citizens. I was ran over several times with a hoveround (sp?). The activities were geared towards an older crowd. The nightlife was okay. Eating in the Windjammer reminded me of eating in Luby's. Just too many older people.

Getting on the ship was a nightmare. I am a fairly patient person but the staff to help you get on were very rude. We felt sort of like a herd of cattle. Once on things got better. The ship is gorgeous. Very nice. I would say it outshines Carnival.

I would say the food was not impressive. I've been on two other cruise lines and the food surpassed this cruise line. Not too happy with some of the food costing extra.

I was impressed with some of the shows. The ice show was impressive so as the Circus parade.

My biggest complaint is More Coco-cay being canceled because the of rough waves. I've read on several boards that this happens frequently. I will be writing Royal Caribbean about this. They should take the port of Coco-cay off the list or provide an alternative.

My husband and I made the best of the situation, made new friends and found others who wanted to have fun like ourselves (not too many though). We made our own party and still enjoyed ourselves.

I will say if we are not the get drunk partying type. We like to have fun. We are a classic couple who do enjoy the finer things in life. We just weren't too impressed with the average age of the passengers. We did hear others saying this was unusual for this many senior citizens to be on this particular cruise.

Would I travel with Royal Caribbean again. Yes, I would. I don't think I will leave out of Florida though (senior citizen retirement location). And please don't get me wrong. I do understand one day my husband and I will be senior citizens, shuffling around and having the time of our lives. Just at this particular time in my life, that's not how I want to spend my vacation.

So, this is a heads up to anyone that fits our category. No offense to our senior citizens, I do respect you. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>