Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by fashion cruiser: Not as bad as people say!

Carnival Liberty 4
fashion cruiser
Member Since 2010
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Not as bad as people say!

Sail Date: December 2010

We were originally booked on the Carnival Splendor but our itinerary was cancelled due to the fire. Therefore, we changed to the Liberty. I was a little skeptical based on the bad rap Carnival gets on these critic boards as the "Wal-Mart" of cruise lines. Well, I must say, I was impressed and would certainly travel on Carnival again...The "anytime" dining is a great option and the service and food were great. I traveled the Princess Emerald last year and was not impressed due to the lack of enthusiasm from the staff, the lame entertainment, and overall vibe. The dining room food on the Liberty was just as good if better then Princess Emerald. The wine selection was good and relatively inexpensive. The staff was happy and didn't bother the passengers forcing them to buy drinks as Princess and Norwegian..The vibe was lively and the crowd was not too young nor too old..The entertainment was far superior to the Princess. Even Norwegian had more up to date shows, etc..

My only More complaint is Carnival should reserve non-smoking rooms for those who don't smoke. My roomed smelled of cigarettes and there were no open cabins for us to move to. They shampoo the carpet and wiped down the whole room again. They really went out of their way but the room still had a stale odor.... Less

Published 12/15/10

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 4J Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

4j category is cheapest room with a window!!!It was quiet but a bit rocky one night..Good value if you want a window and upper deck..My only complaint is that the room smelled of smoke.. The size of the room was great w/ lots of storage..

Read All Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views) (4J) Reviews >>

Cozumel: To save money, walk to the taxi stand. There is a list of place with the rates. Much cheaper then buying excursions on the ships.

Cayman: Take a taxi to 7 Mile beach much cheaper then ship and you can rent water sports, etc..

Jaimaica: The combo zipline and tube was fantastic!! I booked this on the board the ship..

Read 4738 Cozumel Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

fashion cruiser
Member Since 2010
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X